Solid 4 Red lights

Reaction score
Hi all,
Was out flying the p3 standard today and noticed all of my lights were solid red front and back, I tried a compass calibration and that didn't help I have the latest firmware. It flew fine with them on

I regularly have this ... but as soon as I gain height away from interference - GREEN comes on ..

If I fly along the side of my house to another part of my grounds ... I lose P-GPS mode .. and lights go red ... but few seconds later all is fine ...

Nigel

Hi all,
Was out flying the p3 standard today and noticed all of my lights were solid red front and back, I tried a compass calibration and that didn't help I have the latest firmware. It flew fine with them on

Hi there. It is completely normal for the front LEDs to be red. This is an indicator for the front of the aircraft, both of which can be switched off in the GO app. As for the rear lights, according to the official manual, your drone is experiencing a critical error, which will seem confusing as the drone appears to be fine (from what you've described anyway). There isn't much information as to what that error could be in the manual, but check for any warning boxes that appear on your screen when flying.

My guess is that this could be a number of things. Maybe one part of the AC is not communicating with another part (common culprit is the Gimbal Control Unit), the flight program (Follow Me, in this case) has stopped working for some reason (maybe GPS lost, and the drone is confused?).

My advice is to be extremely cautious as this light pattern is NOT normal, and extreme care should be taken when flying. Even if all seems well, you don't know if a problem is building in the motor, for example, and all is a sudden the craft drops from the sky. Or it'll take off and fly away.

If in doubt, it doesn't hurt to contact DJI support anyway.

Hope this helps, as good luck with your flights. [emoji3]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl