Soldering an ESC

Reaction score
Hi. To all of you that had change an ESC, I'm wondering if it is better to solder the two cables to the main board, in the ESC rather than in the Main Board. The new ESC came with those cables already soldered, but what do you think about unsoldering them and solder the ones that are already soldered to the main board.

Geert said:
phantomi said:
Hi. To all of you that had change an ESC, I'm wondering if it is better to solder the two cables to the main board, in the ESC rather than in the Main Board. The new ESC came with those cables already soldered, but what do you think about unsoldering them and solder the ones that are already soldered to the main board.

I have done this exercise twice. I found that unsolder an solder on the main board is the way to do it.

Geert./.

Then, I"ll do that way. Thanks.
p.d. It is necessary to use some flux?

phantomi said:
Geert said:
phantomi said:

I have done this exercise twice. I found that unsolder an solder on the main board is the way to do it.

Geert./.

Then, I"ll do that way. Thanks.
p.d. It is necessary to use some flux?

Flux is NOT used on electrical work. use Rosin core solder.

Flux is not any one material but a category of various types of chemicals to aid flow in metal joining.

Rosin is just one type of flux.

The purpose of the flux, whether a rosin core used in electronics work or an acid flux used in plumbing, is to prevent the metal from oxidizing while the solder flows into the joint.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.