Solder main board

Reaction score
On the phantom 2 main board the corners are gold plated and the solder is hard to stick any tricks or ideas on doing it easier,with flux or without

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

On the phantom 2 main board the corners are gold plated and the soldier is hard to stick any tricks or ideas on doing it easier,with flux or without

Our you referring to ESC power connections?? I Have removed all four boards and have not had any problem soldering back onto the copper pads. Maybe you should clean the pads and add some solder flux and try again. Solder iron should be no more then 35 watts and the tip should tinned. If you do not understand what I mean by tinning your solder iron there are many video on goggle that will help you. Type in how to solder electronics.

Make sure you have a decent soldering iron, then, lightly sand the tip, until it is shinny, heat up soldering iron, I use ( lead free tinning flux ) I dip the soldering tip into the tinning flux, then melt a dab of solder on tip ( I use silver bearing rosin core solder )
The solder on the tip helps disperse the heat transfer better, ( tin your wires ) dip wire in tinning flux, then hold soldering tip to wire ( with some solder on tip ) until wire absorbs the solder, then tin the mother board ( get a dab of solder to stick to the pad ( same way as above ) then hold wire to pad, and solder together, don't heat too much, but if you don't heat enough, solder will be clumpy, and won't bond well, should look like a smooth dome shape, almost shinny.
( might need to get a higher watt gun? )
At least a 25watt iron

I use a soldering station cost me $69 shipped has a built in heat gun, volt tester, soldering iron, and power center.
Search " 853d soldering station "
Free ship! Might be what you need?
image.jpeg

Hope this helps
J Dot

Yes Thank You both wasn't sure how to use flux but I use a weller works fine but I was having trouble getting soldier to stick on main circuit board,I was pre tinting all parts,wire still has soldier from when I took it off but main board wouldn't stick,Thanks for tips guys

J.Dot that's a great machine for that price,but I don't do much soldiering but I might just get it

J.Dot that's a great machine for that price,but I don't do much soldiering but I might just get it

Save your money that soldering station is for someone who does allot of work with surface mounted components and has a need for hot air extraction.

It is a great machine, as Jason said, I do a LOT of circuit board soldering, and switches, ect. It works great, it is nice when building pretty much anything, plus say your soldering a wire that need shrink tube on it, you just solder it, then use built in heat gun to shrink the tube! I love it, and my 25 watt gun cost me nearly $40, so for the extra $30, could not resist!
Plus they doing a promotion now, you get like 11 soldering tips ( T style ) and 4 heat gun nozzles, desoldering wick, circuit remover, lots of free goodies! You can't go wrong, if you solder a lot!
It was #5 last year in the top 10 AFFORDABLE soldering stations!

J dot

It is on eBay, he wanted like $69 or best offer, but I did not want to wait, so you might get a better price? It is free shipping though, and is USA based!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub