Software

Reaction score
Could someone give me a rundown on the software that you can load with this Phantom. I've downloaded the software and drivers but can't get my Phantom to connect to the PC. My biggest queston is, do you have to load the software to get things like "failsafe" to work. Are default settings good enough for safe flying for a novice. I don't want to learn by trial and error on this high dollar machine. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Did you use the cable that came with it to connect it? I have found that it is pretty finicky with cables. Some work, some don't.

If it is properly connected, the blue "light" in the lower left of the Assistant program will flash.

You can use Assistant to turn on IOC (course lock and home lock), to reprogram Switch 1 (the one on the right) to put Failsafe on the bottom position, and to set Failsafe to return and land instead of just land where it is when it loses the signal or is activated with the switch.

I'm using the cable with the extension. I can't get the software to connect to the unit. I have both the Phantom and the controller powered on with nothing happening. I've tried it both powered and not powered.

Is there a safe way to go into failsafe without the software? I've read that you can toggle the s2 switch and it will go into failsafe. Also cutting the controller off will work. And suggestions?

Hi Rockdweller, I'm having the same problem with new FC40. PC makes the 'USB device connected' noise when plugging in but assistant doesn't change. Would you mind telling me how you solved the problem? Cheers.

Fireland said:
Hi Rockdweller, I'm having the same problem with new FC40. PC makes the 'USB device connected' noise when plugging in but assistant doesn't change. Would you mind telling me how you solved the problem? Cheers.

Did you install the drivers? You are supposed to do that first.

Also, it seems pretty picky which cable you use. Some work, some don't.

Thanks Darwin,
It was a driver issue - Once I uninstalled all the software again..... and then reinstalled in the right order it worked fine. Had a great day with it. I can't believe you can get all that technology at that price point. Cheers for the reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers