Software upgrade?

Reaction score
So, what is up with the latest "you're locked out until you download this update" deal?

I have to sign in, but the sign-in keeps failing because of a supposed "internet connection" issue, except I'm online so there's clearly no connection problem.

I'm honestly sick to death with these lock-outs every time there's a software update. I paid good money and shouldn't have to find out in the middle of nowhere that I can't fly my drone because of an update.

Last edited:
what is up with the latest "you're locked out until you download this update" deal?
This guy explains it in great detail:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

FYI, all firmware updates are optional. You don't have to upgrade anything.

It's not a firmware update. I open the DJI Go4 app and now it wants me to sign in. I can't get into the app for flight until I sign in. And when you're in a remote location with no wifi, you're out of luck. VERY aggravating!!!

And that's why I will from now on tell everyone to steer clear of DJI. Once I pay for it, it should always be functional in its original state.

Litchi is by far the best software to fly with with!!! Google it or You Tube and check it out. I switched in November and LOVE IT. You can create flights on your home computer in Mission Hub and they are uploaded to your flight device to fly. So NEAT! Got to check it out.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Pharm
However, you'll still have to log in to DJI Go to be able to enable multiple flight modes if you plan on using Litchi for waypoint flying.

Switch to Litchi!!!
Jim
WA5TEF

Having Litchi is irrelevant to this problem. I was just locked out of the ENTIRE Florida panhandle around Florida and Litchi did me now good either. These NFZ fly zones are becoming RIDICULOUS!!!!

Strange, I keep flyiing Litchi with no indication of a problem. However I quit upgrading DJI GO in November when it kept crashing.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Strange, I keep flyiing Litchi with no indication of a problem. However I quit upgrading DJI GO in November when it kept crashing.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Thats why it still works for you. If you update DJI Go it too will be useless.

Litchi is by far the best software to fly with with!!! Google it or You Tube and check it out. I switched in November and LOVE IT. You can create flights on your home computer in Mission Hub and they are uploaded to your flight device to fly. So NEAT! Got to check it out.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
Be careful with litchi.if the threads in here are anything to go by,it is far from the best software to fly with.

Be careful with litchi.if the threads in here are anything to go by,it is far from the best software to fly with.
If you read the entire threads associated with the "bad Litchi" titles, you'll quickly realize the opposite is true.

Seems like what we need is a drone that isn't hampered by software restrictions in the ever-growing NFZ's. I quite honestly expect that by 2020, about 95% of the planet will be locked out by these and drone flying will become relegated to sport competitions in limited, approved facilities.

Unless you're a government who needs them to spy on your citizens, of course ...

So, what is up with the latest "you're locked out until you download this update" deal?

I have to sign in, but the sign-in keeps failing because of a supposed "internet connection" issue, except I'm online so there's clearly no connection problem.

I'm honestly sick to death with these lock-outs every time there's a software update. I paid good money and shouldn't have to find out in the middle of nowhere that I can't fly my drone because of an update.
I received the you must login warning before and I just cancelled out of it and flew with no probs.

I've never tried litchi and wondering if it saves flight logs like the go app ?
It does generate its own flight logs, but they are not as detailed as the TXT flight logs from DJI GO.

Reactions: Simzy666

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.