Software Update Questions

Reaction score
Tonight I updated the software on the Vision and controller. When it says "power cycle" all that means is turn vision off and back on, correct? Everything seemed flawless and showed latest firmware installed. Though when I did one of the firmware updates after the powercycle it said "Intelligent battery" not available.

I updated the controller next, went about it slow and came apart easily. The tricky part was not stretching the antenna. The software claimed the controller already has the latest firmware installed, but I reinstalled it anyway, but showed the same number "V1.0.2.22" initially which I thought was weird.

It was too late do any test flight. Will do that in the morning, but I did power it on in the home and everything worked solid. It even got a GPS signal in the house and went green though I was by a window, but that still surprised me.

My only concern was if I did the "power cycle" procedure right and the "Intelligent battery not available" promt on the computer.

Is there any updates that need to be done for the "Range Extender"?

Thanks again. This forum as been a great help.

Yes, power cycle is just a fancy way of saying switch it off then on again!

The invalid battery warning is just a part of the update process, as you saw when you proceed through the updates a subsequent one deals with it.

There is no upgrade for the range extender. As far as I am aware it is a dumb device - just a signal booster really. Might be wrong on that but there's certainly nothing you need to do to it right now.

Well done, next step maiden flight. :)

Pull_Up said:
Yes, power cycle is just a fancy way of saying switch it off then on again!

The invalid battery warning is just a part of the update process, as you saw when you proceed through the updates a subsequent one deals with it.

There is no upgrade for the range extender. As far as I am aware it is a dumb device - just a signal booster really. Might be wrong on that but there's certainly nothing you need to do to it right now.

Well done, next step maiden flight. :)

Thanks.

I have family over for Thanksgiving here and they were like "why do you have to open up the controller?" I was like "don't ask." :geek: But the firmware updates were a breeze and opening up the transmitter was a piece of cake with the advice I got from other threads here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj