Software Update Failure

Reaction score
First I sincerely apologize if the answers to my questions have been answered. I simply can't find them. Every time an update of any kind comes along I download and install it. It seems I am totally dead in the water now. I updated my P3advanced to Version 1.8.80. I turned my P3advanced on and followed that by turning on the controller. I got a message that I must download and install a new software update: V1.6.0. My app version on my Ipad is 2.8.1. The update failed a couple of times. I turned the P3 off and back on. It showed update successful. However, after restarting I got the same message that an update is required for the controller. When I checked the ABOUT Software it now shows for the controller: Current Version: Unknown. App version 2.8.1. Aircraft: Version 1.8.80. Please advise what I am doing wrong. Had DJI taken a great product and totally screwed it up with lame updates? Or am I doing something very lame, which is most likely the case. I apologize for this post being so long but I wanted to post a complete vision of what is going on. PLEASE HELP!

Don't connect to the Phantom when doing the controller upgrade. Just leave the bird off. It should update.

Disregard my above transmission.

Disregard my above transmission.
Success! After over an hour chat with a DJI tech the solution was simple. This should work for anyone who is having an issue with updating the RC firmware. The solution is to reset the RC. This is done by holding down C1, C2, and the video button at the same time. While holding these down power the RC off. Drone is not on during this operation. Restart RC. The latest update should be there and no more messages about firmware out of date.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4