Software Installation Question

Reaction score
Just ordered a new PV2+ and have installed “Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.2” and “Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1” but there are two others I’m not sure I need. They are, “Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 Firmware v1.2.5g” and “DJI WIN Driver Installer.”

I have a windows 8.1 pc and think I’ll need the “DJI WIN Driver Installer” but I don’t know how to install it. Like if I need the phantom connected to my pc via usb and powered up before I install.

Thanks!

You should install the Windows drivers so Windows properly detects your controller & Phantom when you connect them. You won't need the other as that will update through the Software Assistant once you connect the aircraft to your computer.

Thanks Dirty Bird. When I go to install the WIN Driver the setup screen says “Please power on MC and connect it to PC via USB!” then it says yes or no as my options. What should I do? What is a “MC” sorry I’m a new guy.

OK I clicked NO so the installation canceled …I think. So now what you’re telling me is to connect the RC unit via usb then run the WIN Driver?

What needs to happen is those drivers have to install so Windows recognizes the controller & Phantom when you connect them to the PC. Its been six months since I did that, and I don't recall it asking me to connect. If you run it again and choose Yes, it should just install the drivers into your PC and they will be there when you need them. You'll know when you connect the Phantom or controller because you will get the "New Hardware Found..." message & sound. If it finds the hardware, you know the drivers are installed. If it doesn't find the drivers, run the driver installer again.

Thanks again DB!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.