Software frustration

Reaction score
I've been frustrated by DJI's software ever since I got my Phantom. Out of the box, I tried to install the Phantom Assistant and RC Assistant apps onto my Mac. No luck. The version of OS X I was running was too old. DJI's software required 10.9. I come from the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of OS upgrading. I never saw the need. I ended up taking my Phantom, RC, and gimbal into my office where I have a Windows PC. I downloaded and successfully used the respective Assistant apps for each. After this, I acquired an iOSD Mini, so I wanted to eventually get the Assistant app for that as well.

Fast forward a while. Tonight, for the sole purpose of using DJI software at home, I finally spent a few hours upgrading my Mac to the latest version of OS X, 10.10 "Yosemite." I head over to the Phantom downloads page and quickly and easily download and install both the Phantom Assistant and the RC Assistant apps. Now to get the apps for the gimbal and iOSD Mini. Oh. Would you look at that. They don't even offer Mac versions of these two apps. Fantastic.

Well, that's my software frustration story, and this was my first post. Hi everyone!

Do you have the ability to run Windows on your Mac? I know that is the solution normally used when Apple peeps need to run a Win app. Less than ideal, I know, and a native app is always better, but at least there is a solution :!: Sorry you are frustrated, I know I was when I first got started but everything got ironed out along the way and I learned a lot! Hope you do too, and hope you eventually can get back to flying and having fun :geek:

Yes, I could always use one of the several methods to run Windows on my Mac. That just requires obtaining Windows. I knew this Phantom thing was a money pit when I got into it, but I just had no idea how deep the pit went!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl