Software for DJI P2

Reaction score
I purchased a P2 that had been demo'ed and I can't get the software to connect. I have tried on 2 different computers and on both PC's (one W8, one W7) it shows them connected as a device and installs the software, but it never connects to the software. Could it possibly be registered to the other user and that have something to do with it? Any other ideas? I have downloaded the latest version of Assistant. One other thing I have noticed, I click on the link for the plain P2, but the software says Vision, I figured maybe they were the same? I have tried both the remote and the quad and neither will show up in the software.

Did you also download and install the windows driver? Its on the same page as the assistant software. Phantom and pc wont talk to each other until you do.

I thought that i had installed the driver, at least on the W8 machine, but went ahead and reinstalled and restarted and nothing. Something I have noticed on the opening/loading screen when I run the software on both computers is that it pulls up a graphic that looks like something is loading and is stuck and stops and I have to click skip to move on to the software. Is this normal?

and when I click on the "phantom" tab in the program where you would change it to naza it says "please connect to controller". My controller and phantom are both on, and my phantom is connected to the computer via usb

flyxrayboy said:
and when I click on the "phantom" tab in the program where you would change it to naza it says "please connect to controller". My controller and phantom are both on, and my phantom is connected to the computer via usb

To confirm, you want to use the "Phantom/Phantom Assistant" software for the Phantom and "PhantomRC" for the controller. Sounds like you are using the controller software when trying to connect your phantom

"skip" usually means you aren't connected. Are you sure you have the win driver installed? Did you reboot your computer after installation of the driver (not absolutely necessary but best practice?) Are you using a known good USB port? As stated above, make sure you are using the correct software for the device that is connected. Good luck!

tgreenstone said:
flyxrayboy said:

To confirm, you want to use the "Phantom/Phantom Assistant" software for the Phantom and "PhantomRC" for the controller. Sounds like you are using the controller software when trying to connect your phantom
OK, Now we are getting somewhere, I thought that since the Phantom Assistant had the remote tab on there I had the right software, but there is a 3rd piece and once its installed then the remote works with the other software, makes perfect sense :roll: ! I guess its like a driver for the remote. I want to turn on the IOC, but the dang warnings about switching to Naza mode have me afraid to switch.

THanks all, sorry for the trouble, its all good now, switched to Naza mode and the earth didn't fly off its axis like DJI would leave you to believe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20