Software advice

Reaction score
Hello,
Could someone please suggest a good, easy video editing software,...I'm new at this, and just want to add music and some basic fade-in, fade-out type effects, rudimentary stuff I believe, nothing fancy or complicated,...i'm looking for simple.
The "Swarm of bees" soundtrack on all of my videos is wearing a bit thin. :)

I have a non-Vision P2 and use GoPro studio software. sounds like we're about on the same page, I don't need fancy, professional grade tools just basic editor to make clips, put them together, add music, kill the buzzing sound from the videos, fades, etc

Iguana Dave said:
Hello,
Could someone please suggest a good, easy video editing software,...I'm new at this, and just want to add music and some basic fade-in, fade-out type effects, rudimentary stuff I believe, nothing fancy or complicated,...i'm looking for simple.
The "Swarm of bees" soundtrack on all of my videos is wearing a bit thin. :)

If you need anything more than the basics, Sony Movie Studio is good and not very expensive.

But Go Pro Studio is free. :lol:

In the past I have done a good deal of editing, and higher end stuff (Premier and Final Cut Pro, but never Avid). I had older versions that didn't really do HD all that well and needed something for putting my phantom footage together. I grabbed iMovie just to get me through it, and I didn't want to invest much. I thought that I might could muck through it. I was actually able to do a good deal with it, and didn't feel like I was bashing my head in with a hammer while using it. I can't say I've ever sat down with a low end editor and had such good results with it. It's really well worth the money.

I started to poke around with the go pro editor, but really haven't gotten into it yet.

Simplest and cheapest I can think of is the Video Manager in YouTube. It will do what you asked about except that it won't fade in or out. It will allow you to trim video, insert transitions and add music very easily.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20