Soft Images (Blurry)

Reaction score
Is my image soft? To me, the right side of the image seems soft, not sure why. Unless it's just me seeing things. What do you all think? Is the photo good?

Attachments

• DJI_0078.jpg
    DJI_0078.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 414
Here was a test shot with the Phantom grounded. How's the right side of the image? Not soft?

Attachments

• DJI_0035.jpg
    DJI_0035.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 447
Can you post one direct from camera. I see even the 1st one has been processed by lightroom. but it looks ok to me.
I downloaded the 1st one so I could see it in my own viewer. The viewer is set to "fit image height" So on a 1920x1080 monitor it is showing at 48% of full size and looks good.
If I expand the viewer to 100% and then it does not look as good. But that is normal for all cameras. I find you pictures perfectly acceptable.

And I see your in Canada too. CTC

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
Here is another photo. Took this earlier too. Straight from the camera. Notice the texture in the roof's? Look at the left ones and then follow your eye to the far right of the photo.

Attachments

• DJI_0064.jpg
    DJI_0064.jpg
    774 KB · Views: 388
I looked at the photos up top. I think the issue is related to the framing of the shot than the camera. It appears that the portion on the right side of the screen is in the shade. The other side of the photo appears to be in direct sunlight. I could be wrong but I would take more shots where the light is at the back of the copter. That would probably ensure that the light is spread evenly across the photo.

Here was a test shot with the Phantom grounded. How's the right side of the image? Not soft?
The leaf in the middle is out of focus. But these lenses do not focus. They are infinite focus. I think you are just too close in this picture.
From what I have been reading in this forum on the subject of focus is that there is some soft spots. But from what I read those guys would swap you in a minute. The videos seem to fair a lot better.

The leaf in the middle is out of focus. But these lenses do not focus. They are infinite focus. I think you are just too close in this picture.
From what I have been reading in this forum on the subject of focus is that there is some soft spots. But from what I read those guys would swap you in a minute. The videos seem to fair a lot better.
I posted a photo of some roof's. Check that out. You can see softness at the right of the image. The left side is sharp. Maybe it's just me noticing that?

Here is another photo. Took this earlier too. Straight from the camera. Notice the texture in the roof's? Look at the left ones and then follow your eye to the far right of the photo.
I do see a difference. But again just at 100% zoom. Not at 48% where it fits on a 1080p monitor.
Look at the power wire from left to right . you can see it there.
Still when I look at the exif information it says Lightroom?
Still a good picture.

I do see a difference. But again just at 100% zoom. Not at 48% where it fits on a 1080p monitor.
Look at the power wire from left to right . you can see it there.
Still when I look at the exif information it says Lightroom?
Still a good picture.
Hmmm yeah cause I just exported the file to jpg that was all :p. I have a RMA number from DJI. Going to send out my Phantom this weekend. Not to thrilled about shipping it though :(

Please post back when find out what happens. I would be interested to hear. I have an advanced coming direct from JDI next week. So will be doing
image testing before it ever flys.

Send it back - it's crap. I had to send back my first P2V camera twice before I got one that was in focus. I sent back a P3P that like yours too. Don't settle.

I'm assuming these images were the jpg images from camera. Do you see the same thing when looking at the raw files? There is substantial modification in the in-camera jpg conversion - mostly for the lens distortion. It would be interesting to see an un-corrected image.

Also, are you using a polarizer? The color transition in the sky in the first images appears unnatural.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers