SoCal Newbie needs a Coach - Orange County

Reaction score
Okay, so here's where Im at. I've had my phantom for about 3 weeks. Flown it almost every day plenty. Did some pretty awesome stuff with it and I absolutely love me quad. I have the following setup (below) and Im feeling a bit overwhelmed.

I just got my Futaba T8J and its flying but its my head that spinning. Im wondering things like how to set up the gimbal better, how to best assign my controller, when to change motors/props, is my phantom running right. Does it sound right? How to balance it better overall, Do I need to balance my props? Which setting should I use on the Futaba? I just oiled the bearings for the first time! I just learned I needed to do that! ...stuff like that. None of the hobbie stores in OC seem to have the know-how Im looking for with the Phantom.

It would be greatly appreciated to have a fellow PhantomPilot who could show me how to do this right.

My setup:
New DJI Phantom
PhantomMount
Futaba T8J
GoPro
Tons of batteries.
Second battery hookup with cable link

Let me know if there someone out there that can help in the OC and Id love to see your setup.

Thanks,
Mike

I"m up in Sherman Oaks, so it's a bit of a haul.
But sounds like you def have your hands full!

as for the Futaba,. just follow the online tutorials and that's about all you need to do.
(tho I did set my Chan5 to control the tilt of my gimbal manually).

you absolutely will want to balance your props!!!
pick up a DuBro prop balancer!

and then just hang around here online and pick up all the info you can.
there's threads on almost everything.

Gizmo3000 said:
I"m up in Sherman Oaks, so it's a bit of a haul.
But sounds like you def have your hands full!

as for the Futaba,. just follow the online tutorials and that's about all you need to do.
(tho I did set my Chan5 to control the tilt of my gimbal manually).

you absolutely will want to balance your props!!!
pick up a DuBro prop balancer!

and then just hang around here online and pick up all the info you can.
there's threads on almost everything.

Ill drive to Sherman Oaks for some tips. I have clients out there so maybe we can meet up. Lunch is on me! Name the place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20