So who's dumping their P4 for Mavic?

Reaction score
I just bought my P4 a week ago..so I'm in return window still and have considered returning it for a Mavic but leaning towards keeping P4.

I'll wait. I have some Autopilot stuff to do and don't know what sort of autonomus flight stuff the Mavik will do. Plus I want a more pixel camera as well. Spoiled by the Nikon D800E I guess. Inspire 2 maybe?

I'm in the same boat, but leaning towards Mavic because of the newer connection technology "sounds" better. I'm not quite sold on the image quality. It looks a bit soft in the few examples I've seen.

I'm not in the market for a new drone, but that could change if my P4 is lost, stolen or crashed beyond repair. Still, as much as I like the Mavic, I'm thinking the next iteration of the Phantom will make it worth it to those who want and need a more stable camera platform.

If verified leaks come out about the next gen Phantom just being the same platform as the P4 but with the Mavic's range and software technology, I would probably still stay with the Phantom.

Personally, the Mavic would be a supplement to my P4, but if future generations of Mavics are proven to have equal to or better imaging and video capabilities of the current P4, especially in a windy environment, the Mavic may very well be my go to bird.

I have one on order but I'm keeping my P4. I like the portability of the Mavic. I'll use it for the "not so serious stuff". I'll use the P4 for work and look to upgrade it as well. The image quality is not great on either.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: bkushner
I'm not in the market for a new drone, but that could change if my P4 is lost, stolen or crashed beyond repair. Still, as much as I like the Mavic, I'm thinking the next iteration of the Phantom will make it worth it to those who want and need a more stable camera platform.

If verified leaks come out about the next gen Phantom just being the same platform as the P4 but with the Mavic's range and software technology, I would probably still stay with the Phantom.

Personally, the Mavic would be a supplement to my P4, but if future generations of Mavics are proven to have equal to or better imaging and video capabilities of the current P4, especially in a windy environment, the Mavic may very well be my go to bird.
p4 all the way!

I were in the market for a new drone wanting to practice/ learn aerial photography so I went for the Phantom 4.
I have a Phantom FC-40 which I've flown quite hard and it's always been great so I went with what I knew would be a great stable platform.

The Mavic looks like a great next step for DJI and going off of the specs it does everything the Phantom 4 can do only in a smaller more portable package.
But it is the first in it's class and not even released yet. I will be keeping an eye on reviews over the coming months.

I will probably get a Mavic at some stage. It is, without question, a fantastic move forward in drone technology/portability. However, first on my personal 'must have list', is the best image quality I can afford, followed by all the other features.

Frankly, and rather disappointingly, the early footage coming from the Mavic reviews is less than impressive compared to the P4. I could even make a case for the Karma here as I don't fly more than a kilometer, the Hero 5 camera is better than the mavic camera and the ease of use/portability is on the same page as the mavic.

Watching for now, and I will buy one of the above but the P4 is staying right where it is. It might be time to sell my fc40, phantom2 and phantom 3 standard though. It's so hard to let go..:(

No reason to my eyes to move from P4 to Mavic.

An addition when the product line expands and I've upped my skills and defined my shooting needs better is more than likely but defo not straight away.

I factored in portability when I made my choice so even though I can think already of a myriad of possible new scenarios and uses with the Mavic I hadn't thought of, a new product does not define my needs. Even in this golden age of consumerism.

Reactions: Cactus Wren
As a P4 owner, I like nearly everything about the Mavic except for the video quality. If it were on par with the P4, there would be a good chance that id be buying one (keep the P4) but so far, it appears the image quality is not as good and this is a deal breaker for me. Too early to confirm if the production versions will be the same as the footage I've seen of the pre-release models but if it is, I'll wait for the Mavic 2 or Phantom 5.

I don't need portability in a drone, i have a 4 wheel drive truck with plenty of room.

The Mavic will be good for some instances, but none that i partake in......... like rock climbeing, security services, shepherds, cowboys, mountain bikers and other sporty pastimes.

The future is going for the " portable" way in electronics. The Mavic has the same features than the P4, and some others are better like the Ocusync wireless technology that allows this aircraft a better range. ( 7 kms 4.3M )The sensor and resolution of the camera is the same... I think that some youtubers aren't idiots but maybe are recording with the spherical gimbal protector on...Another forgotten aspect is the security if the aircraft fallls because has a weight 750Gr, almost 1Kg lighter than our P4... the design seems more futuristic and robust as well,look likes mini industrial or military drone used by some special forces...

Reactions: Jody Pitts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers