So what's the deal with firmware?! p3p

Reaction score
I've read issues with the latest firmware and its supposed that lots of people want a downgrade, my p3p came yesterday question is: do I leave the firmware as it is? Or do you suggest any other FW?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

lumbra9foto, I recommend you either use 1.6 or something older than 1.5. There are some known battery-related issues with 1.5, so it's not a safe firmware to use.

I'm using the beta GEO listed as their 1.7. I'm having no issues with anything at this point. I think people have gone into NFZ hysterics and that's why we are seeing so many firmwear downgrades etc. I agree with Happy days, you spent the money and at what version you wish to fly at is ultimately (after all considerations) is up to you.

lumbra9foto, I recommend you either use 1.6 or something older than 1.5. There are some known battery-related issues with 1.5, so it's not a safe firmware to use.
Stay away from 1.5

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

I am on all current firmware on P3P with zero issue. I live within the 5 mile of a major airport and fly without any problems. I can pick up 18 satellites without a problem.

I'm using the beta GEO listed as their 1.7. I'm having no issues with anything at this point. I think people have gone into NFZ hysterics and that's why we are seeing so many firmwear downgrades etc. I agree with Happy days, you spent the money and at what version you wish to fly at is ultimately (after all considerations) is up to you.

Except its not, since DJI stuck a knife in your back at 1.5. You can't go back even if you wanted to.

I agree with those who upgrade. I've had my P3P since May and have always upgraded to keep everything current. Not one bad flight!

Has anyone else had the conversation with dji where they stated if you didnt upgrade they would cover repairs! They led me to believe that. If you were on older fw but still repaired or replaced for free please share

Reactions: lumbra9foto

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers