So, today was my first proper flight...

Reaction score
This is potentially the best investment ever. I love my new P3P

Streamed live over Facebook and the video has been shared a few times and received several comments.

A local paper might publish a picture in tomorrow's edition n all!

But today also raised a little concern too. I think it was when I was live streaming that a small red private plane flew over my direction pretty low. Spotted it and dropped the drone quickly lol. Unexpected where I am.

I'll share with you just a couple of test pics.

[Update] ok for some reason I can't. An error occurs o_O

I've given up on imgur. It's the worst app ever for uploading and hosting pics.

So I've had no choice but to go to flickr... and the pics don't even load here....

Last edited:
But today also raised a little concern too. I think it was when I was live streaming that a small red private plane flew over my direction pretty low. Spotted it and dropped the drone quickly lol. Unexpected where I am.

Were you flying within VLOS? As per FAA Rules?
And why did you say "Unexpected where I am."... based on your photos that is like puuurrrrfect small aircraft flying territory. Flat grassy fields, no tall buildings. I'd take a small personal aircraft up there any day of the week.
As a new drone pilot you have to think about these things ahead of time, not after the fact.
Have a flight checklist. Look over your aircraft and controller, survey the surroundings, download an app like "before you fly" and "hover" to get accurate weather reports and information on proximity to airports and no fly zones.
Get registered with the FAA, maybe take the part 107 cert.
Fly within VLOS and under 250' (at least for a while until you are skilled ;))

Keep having fun though!!!
I wrote this post in earnest, i remember the feeling the first time i took up my Phantom 3 4K over the tree line and saw the sunset over the mountains from a birds perspective :hearteyes:
Be safe always so you and others can continue to enjoy this most fabulous of hobbies!!!

Were you flying within VLOS? As per FAA Rules?
And why did you say "Unexpected where I am."... based on your photos that is like puuurrrrfect small aircraft flying territory. Flat grassy fields, no tall buildings. I'd take a small personal aircraft up there any day of the week.
As a new drone pilot you have to think about these things ahead of time, not after the fact.
Have a flight checklist. Look over your aircraft and controller, survey the surroundings, download an app like "before you fly" and "hover" to get accurate weather reports and information on proximity to airports and no fly zones.
Get registered with the FAA, maybe take the part 107 cert.
Fly within VLOS and under 250' (at least for a while until you are skilled ;))

Keep having fun though!!!
I wrote this post in earnest, i remember the feeling the first time i took up my Phantom 3 4K over the tree line and saw the sunset over the mountains from a birds perspective :hearteyes:
Be safe always so you and others can continue to enjoy this most fabulous of hobbies!!!
Yes it always remains in VLOS. I payed for the drone so I'm going to look after it.

Secondly, it's unusual in my area for the aircraft to fly as low as it did. I'd say 5 meters above television ariels. So they were breaking the law by fly so low over a populated area.

And because I had my eyes on the craft at the time, it enabled me to spot the plane as soon as it entered peripheral vision lol.

Cheers for the advice though

4TaRZEv.jpg

riRBqU9.jpg

IjfB6W9.jpg

W5WQuqo.jpg

2M8Tv86.jpg

I've had to try a third time with imgur. Earlier they kept deleting my pictures and changed the album to "unlisted".

Any ideas why? If these ones come down then I simply give up.
That's software,,,,yes nice flying area and pictures,,I have trouble with uploading videos,,have to do through utube,,,I get error when I clip down to 20mb like it tells me so I just give up aswell,!!!:)looks like fun anyway,,bad weather here no flying nearly 2 weeks:eek:njoy your flights

Reactions: DreamToFly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31