So much for portability... GoPro Karma 35.5oz P3P 12.80z P4 16.2

Reaction score
According to this site: GoPro Karma vs DJI Phantom - Can the Karma compete? - Phantom-Four.com , gopro karma is one heavy drone. I don't know if they recorded those weight readings with or without the battery, but it's still pretty clear that gopro karma is one heavy drone compared to the the phantom series.

Edit thanks to Meta4:

Phantom 3 Pro w/ Battery & Props: 1280g or 45.15oz
Phantom 4 w/ Battery & Props: 1380g or 48.68oz
GoPro Karma: 1006g or 35.5oz

Last edited:
Reactions: wakeboxer
According to this site: GoPro Karma vs DJI Phantom - Can the Karma compete? - Phantom-Four.com , gopro karma is one heavy drone. I don't know if they recorded those weight readings with or without the battery, but it's still pretty clear that gopro karma is one heavy drone compared to the the phantom series.
If you want a real comparison, you should check the real weights for the P3 & P4 rather than just the weights of their batteries (which is what that website listed).

If you want a real comparison, you should check the real weights for the P3 & P4 rather than just the weights of their batteries (which is what that website listed).
Thanks for the correction. I was wondering how come it felt a lot heavier than that...Well that site is geared towards DJi.

You cant compare the Karma to the p3, lets face it the Karma has poor range, horrible fish eye lens & lets not even get started about that remote controller! notice the sticks on the controller are flush so no smooth stick control. Im sorry but for me the Karma sucks.... the end.

You cant compare the Karma to the p3, lets face it the Karma has poor range, horrible fish eye lens & lets not even get started about that remote controller! notice the sticks on the controller are flush so no smooth stick control. Im sorry but for me the Karma sucks.... the end.
I feel like DJI is going to take out the Karma.....

The karma's biggest opportunity is people that have a GoPro Camera already. Otherwise it's not cheaper, and it's all around not better.

I think DJI Leaked the Mavic photos on the Karma launch on purpose.

I felt bad for GoPro... They guy screaming "ITS KARMA" and holding up the drone! lol. I watch and was like "oh crap that sucks".

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4