So Much for DJI and their forum - Shame on You DJI !

Reaction score
I know they perform surgery on the forum posts - but today they really hit the bottom of the pit.

Outright lies posted by their No 1 fan ... I provide the proof and links to show its downright lies ...

I get deleted ... he is left spouting his interminable rubbish.

I am so glad at least THIS forum is not afraid to stand up and be counted to allow information to be posted and readers to decide for themselves whether its good or not.

DJI should be ashamed of themselves for their actions - they ignore pleas for help. They promulgate conflicting information. They do not clear up disputes or differences. But they are darned fast to remove anything from their forum that proves fault !!

Shame on you DJI.

I have conducted a lot of testing and inverstigation. I have tried to provide that information for all to digest and use if they wish. I don't see DJI even close to doing anything of the same.
I shall now look to see if I can remove my data from their surgical site ...

Nigel

This place is not much better :(

I cannot agree. At least here - there is debate and even BS gets left to be argued over. But DJI go out of their way to sterilise their forum. There is no healthy debate. They remove suggestions / alternatives ... they fail to answer requests ... all they do is advise to send in models for assessment / repair ... when simple information on the forum would solve it.
They ignore cries for help about their crap software ...

I love my P3S ... many here know that. I have spent many hours looking at setups and Fw etc. to help people have working combos ... helped about batterys and maintenance ... because I want to share anything I learn ..

But DJI ? They removed proven factual data before and today .... because it doesn't conform to their gear ... leaving complete utter BS from another guy that new owners will now have no idea is rubbish.

I am not happy ... in fact insulted by it.

Nigel

Im interested nigel, what did you say lol?

Forums are strange things sometimes, i think any subject within reason and as long as it doesn't get out of control should be debated, we are not on a communist forum lol..

This is a run of incidents and today just put the icing on the cake.

Guy asks about battery charging. I provided the tested data I did ... comparing standard brick with variable rate LiPo charger.
I provided the Pros and Cons of each. For reader to decide for themselves.

Another guy stated that it was impossible to use a LiPo charger and that only DJI charger would work. Second that the LiPo charger would cost a lot more and it would be better to ignore me and save money by buying the DJI power brick to charge.

I countered it by direct links and pastes of prices and photos of actual charging proving 100% his totally wrong statement.

I clearly stated it was readers choice and that I was only providing tested data ... that I was not even against the DJI brick.

DJI removed my counter post leaving his total BS intact.

Nigel

I apologise to all here ... I started this thread as I was angry at DJI and the idiot over there ...

I wish to close this thread ... sorry.

Nigel

Im interested nigel, what did you say lol?

Forums are strange things sometimes, i think any subject within reason and as long as it doesn't get out of control should be debated, we are not on a communist forum lol..

DJI only allow 'debate' that conforms to THEIR sterile rules.

Nigel

Nigel, why close this thread dude??

What has the world come to when you are afraid to post, i don't see you have done anything wrong. Your allowed an opinion, and yes its very bad that you weren't allowed to share you factual knowledge, very pooor

Just to cap this ... the guy does not even own a P3S ... and he posts on the P3S often getting it all wrong ... basically because he owns an Advanced and fails to appreciate the difference - despite various people telling him.

Anyway ... enough ..sorry

I will continue to post test data and information on this forum ... for people to use or not ... debate ... whatever but DJI can kiss my **** .....

Nigel

Just to cap this ... the guy does not even own a P3S ... and he posts on the P3S often getting it all wrong ... basically because he owns an Advanced and fails to appreciate the difference - despite various people telling him.

Anyway ... enough ..sorry

I will continue to post test data and information on this forum ... for people to use or not ... debate ... whatever but DJI can kiss my **** .....

Nigel

For the record, im new to drones still but by no means a idiot, actually im a fast learner with a fairly decent set of brains only my paranoid ocd lets me down but ( yes im waffling ) you have informed me and helped me lots on this forum over the past month, and i for one am glad there are people like you posting on this site....

Nigel, why close this thread dude??

What has the world come to when you are afraid to post, i don't see you have done anything wrong. Your allowed an opinion, and yes its very bad that you weren't allowed to share you factual knowledge, very pooor

No its i should not sound off on here ... its not this forums job to have this.

I shall carry on testing - I'm in Dubai waiting to go home Saturday ... so back on Phantom Testing shortly.

Daz - had a marvelous trip to Plymouth last weekend - met a girlfriend from 40 odd years ago when I was at college there. We all chat with people but rarely do we TALK ... I had all day with her and we had a wonderful talk and down memory lane ... I'm going back for her Birthday later in the year. My Russian wife is all for it and supportive ... Amazing.

Nigel

Seems like all official manufactures forums are that way. This is why you guys have never seen me on the official DJI forums. So glad I found this one.

I used to be really heavy into Traxxas R/C cars. I still have a really nice Slash 4x4. Anyways, I was always on their forums all the time. Helping new guys get started. Giving out advice about parts, batteries, modifications, etc. but HOLY COW!!!!, Say one thing that the mods didn't agree with and they would lock/delete your thread in 3 seconds.

Reactions: RW-1 and Dazzauk
Guy asks about battery charging. I provided the tested data I did ... comparing standard brick with variable rate LiPo charger.
I provided the Pros and Cons of each. For reader to decide for themselves.

Now I kind of want to know.... I'm guessing you state that the variable charger is faster/better? If so, why? I'd think a non-variable charger would be better and that a variable charger may tend to compromise the "smart" feature of DJI batteries. Please educate me.

Reactions: DanMan32
Just being the devil's advocate here. Any chance that your counter post was removed due to it having those links in it?

I personally don't like their forums setup, it seems klunky and hard to use. Even worse when using the Go app.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

@Nigel - Thank you for sharing your experience. Since they 'own' the forum, it's fair (in their perception) to only promote stories that do not conflict with their business. I am not saying I support that, not at all, but it's unfortunately how many businesses are today, driven by greed, and only greed.

Now I kind of want to know.... I'm guessing you state that the variable charger is faster/better? If so, why? I'd think a non-variable charger would be better and that a variable charger may tend to compromise the "smart" feature of DJI batteries. Please educate me.
Same here... why would you want to use a regular LiPo charger?
The only semi-valid argument I can see is speed: the default P3S charger is rated only at 57W, which - at 17.5V - means just over 3A. With P3 batteries at 4480mAh, that's less than 0.7C charging. DJI sells a 100W charger, which means 5.7A and about 1.2C: not great (even the cheapest HobbyKing pack can take 2C, nowadays), but definitely an improvement.
And with P3 batteries in the $100 range, do we really want to push them beyond that?
On the negative, since you have no access to the balance points of the 4S pack, your LiPo charger would not be able to balance the cells.
Is the charger built into the P3 batteries known for doing a poor job in this respect? Has anyone opened a battery and monitored voltage/amps across the 4 cells to see what type of charging cycle it goes through?

Last edited:
Since they 'own' the forum, it's fair (in their perception) to only promote stories that do not conflict with their business. I am not saying I support that, not at all, but it's unfortunately how many businesses are today, driven by greed, and only greed.
As a forum owner, it is your prerogative as to what you allow or not allow to be posted. I have seen posts removed because of antagonistic behaviour but so far not on content unless it breaches the forum T&Cs, so it's very likely that OP did that, even inadvertantly.

I get deleted .
Can you put your "offending" post here for all to see?

Edit - scratch that. I see you said posted direct links to products and prices so could be construed as advertising products which is a forum no no over there. So only the one post was deleted as it seems all your others are intact?

I have always steered clear of manufacturer owned forums and gone to public, open forums like this. To me its more honest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31