So... Just a little over a week and a half in.. (2 videos)

Reaction score
Learning to fly this thing, more from the videographer/photographer side of things than the "hey, this is a cool toy!" side. Lol. It's a bit of a curve, for sure. The #1 hardest part for me so far: smooth turns and direction changes. :/

Anyways.... Here's 2 videos, both the results of just over a week (10 days or so) of flying and learning, random locations around town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0DrfemUspM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvhKGsUZ3zM

As an aside... I wish there was a way to trigger "stills" from the gopro. There needs to be a remote trigger on the controller. ;)

Re: So... Just a little over a week and a half in.. (2 video

10 days? Yeah right.
Maybe if you flew a few hours every day.
Obviously you have had other copter experiences.

The gopro manual says you can use the remote to capture stills while recording video.
Which I have yet to do.

cant wait to put my hand on mine (arrives next thursday :) )

about the gopro im pretty sure you can shoot video and stills at the same time without the remote.

ThatRobbGuy said:
It's a bit of a curve, for sure. The #1 hardest part for me so far: smooth turns and direction changes. :/

Yep! Turning is easy.....smooth turns are tough! And they get tougher the farther you are away from something you're trying to focus on. Good progress.....keep practising.

Suwaneeguy said:
10 days? Yeah right.
Maybe if you flew a few hours every day.
Obviously you have had other copter experiences.

I'm going to take this as a compliment, because I ordered my Phantom (from http://www.flyingcameras.ca in Vancouver, Canada) on June 26th, it Shipped on 2014/07/03, and delivered on 2014/07/07, and my first trip into the air wasn't made until the 9th. That's when I was done reading all the literature, manuals, and I'd drunk enough to kill the fear of flyaways, and the weather permitted. Since then, I've flown an average of once a day, as I only have one battery, and charging time takes forever! And I'm a stay at home dad to two boys (who you can see in the clips).

Aside from the few flights I have taken (totaling about 3 hours of actual flying time) I do have a pretty good understanding of flight mechanics, as I have been around aviation my entire life. (My dad was a pilot, and I do a lot of flying at aviation photography). And I pick things up quickly. (It took me two hours to figure out snowboarding... And my wife hates me for it, lol)

Honestly... I have never owned a gopro before buying this one for the zenmuse, and I have never flown a real quad prior to this one, aside from a little traxxas toy I had for a couple days while waiting for my phantom, just to "train" on how the controls worked.

So. Yeah. Thanks for the confidence boost, and veiled compliment. :D

RedRyderMedia said:
ThatRobbGuy said:
It's a bit of a curve, for sure. The #1 hardest part for me so far: smooth turns and direction changes. :/

Yep! Turning is easy.....smooth turns are tough! And they get tougher the farther you are away from something you're trying to focus on. Good progress.....keep practising.

Thanks!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd