So im going to get a Phantom Adv. tommorrow!

Just to double check is mid 40s ok for flights because is going to get a little cold tonight

Should be fine, battery will drain faster, don't get crazy and fly with the wind on your way out if your doing distance, always fly against the wind for distance runs.

Also, vewy vewy important, I check this before every single flight. Make 100% sure the battery is ALL the way in. Many people have noticed with some batteries it appears as though it's all the way in but either on the top or bottom lip, you can't see, there's a 1 millimeter or so crack. Push that battery in along the top and bottom and it if wasn't seated all the way it'll "click" in.

Reactions: CB7H22Los
Quick question guys I wanted to take her to the beach with me is it possible to take off from sand because I know the rotors are pretty strong and kick up some good wind... maybe a table or so? And when landing should I have someone catch it to not get in the sand?

Reactions: dynamic3dSolutions
Quick question guys I wanted to take her to the beach with me is it possible to take off from sand because I know the rotors are pretty strong and kick up some good wind... maybe a table or so? And when landing should I have someone catch it to not get in the sand?

You don't want sand in your motors so I would suggest taking off from the top of the car or something & hand catching is easy.

I didn't know much about handcatching being a thing..so far I've only strictly landed manually so I can get better of course but atleast hand catching is possible!

So I really do hate after a flight I land manually and a gust of wind passes by causing the bird to tilt over almost hitting the blades..I always react quick and hold down on the stick to slow the rotors down.

Congrats on your new bird. You should get a windsurfer for your bird to extend that light bridge 3+ miles. They work great.
Did you see the video with the guy in UK knocking the Windsurfer, saying it's a farce and does nothing because it's not a parabolic design?

Did you see the video with the guy in UK knocking the Windsurfer, saying it's a farce and does nothing because it's not a parabolic design?

Not sure which windsurfer he was speaking of but any curved surface that focuses the signal to a central point could be considered parabolic even if not perfectly aligned.. Are they perfect? Probably not.. I have one that I bought from an ebay dealer that was 3D printed but I can't say with certainty it improves range much because I have not really tested it. I can say that there are plenty of stories to suggest there is some range improvement when using them. I seriously doubt they hurt performance in any way as long as your antennae or oriented properly.

Here is some proof from tests run on my Windsurfer designs.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442449470_464868.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442449500_117466.jpg

quick question guys!

i did a flight just now and the battery went down until around 30% now when i try to charge the battery the green light closest to the RED circle keeps blinking twice while it's on the charger.. should i wait for the battery to "cool down"?

Now I can share Ya' all happiness because.... I flew yesterday for first time :) I will try to upload soon some video file ;)

nice! I have been trying to fly once or twice a day today i flew for the first time in the daytime which was great and i did my first 360 view of a fountain close to where i live which was flying over water i was a lil nervous at first but then i felt at ease! im scared to go to far from where im at though..

Just a quick question how does the p3a stack up to the chroma? A guy at a shop talked horrible of dji on how bad there customer service is just talking really bad about it.. I'm like alright guy thanks! And left..

When I send a question to dji support they can take 3-5 days to respond. Then if you reply it can take another 3-5 days and so on. I think that is what people are frustrated with. Just have to be patient and accept it. I have never had to replace something but I have heard 30-60 days is the norm there. Hope this helps.

So, here is almost all of my footage from 1st day of flying.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pass: flight

Reactions: CB7H22Los
Farthest I've flown out so far I kept getting a low controller signal so I came back.. it seemed like I would get 1 bar and if I would let it sit in a spot it would get 4 bars again.. is that normal?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-29-21-10-26.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-29-21-10-26.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 291
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31