So i got the new battery. What next?

Reaction score
Got a brand new battery in the box. What do i do now?
I know flying right away is not an option. I need to update it first?
How do i do that?

Anything else?

Thx in advance

Put an SD card with latest firmware .bin file in the root directory in the phantom gimble sd card slot (as you would to uodate the phantom firmware. Power up with the new battery insralled. You will see the gimble light change back to green when battery firmware uodate complete (if it needs updating).

I would charge the battery first.

Put an SD card with latest firmware .bin file in the root directory in the phantom gimble sd card slot (as you would to uodate the phantom firmware. Power up with the new battery insralled. You will see the gimble light change back to green when battery firmware uodate complete (if it needs updating).

I would charge the battery first.
Yes but what about the latest firmware?
As far as iknow it doesnt have the battery update in it. What in this case?

Latest FW has embedded battery update. You need not worry, use its bin file at the root of your SD card. Ensure that bin file has the correct name, it gets extended if you download it multiple times.

Yes but what about the latest firmware?
As far as iknow it doesnt have the battery update in it. What in this case?

The Phantom firmware includes the firmware for the battery. Follow the instructions above and if the battery firmware needs to be updated this should do the trick.

It should contain the latest battery firmware. I put a never flown battery in mine that it seemed to update (latest firmware .bin).

In the world of computers/electronic devices, firmware updates are sequential. The latest firmware will include all necessary drivers. So, do as Mr. With The Birds suggested and just place the latest bin file in your Phantom, power it on and when complete, power it off & then on again.

If you don't know how to update a Phantom with a bin file, just search the forum as it's been explained way too many times.

I'm also curious is it necessary to break in new lipo batteries? I notice some people recommend doing it as the life endurance is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need to break it in. The battery will be partially charged when new. Charge it FIRST, then do any firmware updates with the .bin file only in the root of the SD card. I say to charge it FIRST, because if multiple updated are needed, you should have a fully charged battery. Updates can be lengthy at times.

They say to run the new battery down to only 50 percent during the first 10 flights and then you can run it way down after that. Helps the life of the battery.

So which update had the battery update in it?

The latest version (1.7) will have it. All updates do - it's just the latest update that affected the battery was v1.5 but someone coming from (e.g) v1.3 straight to v1.7 will get the updates that v1.5 introduced as they are still present in v1.7. Saying some updates don't affect the battery is assuming you had the previous version installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31