So I finished another adaptation of my Phantom...

Reaction score
So I finished the next adaptation of my Phantom:

- DJI Zenmuse H3-2D (with PMU2 unit)
- DJI iOSD-Mark II
- New "white" Tiger MN-2214 antigravity! motors
- USB mod for NAZA unit connectivity
- new back auxiliary tray for FPV VTx (on short carbon boom - Simensays modular folding gear)

All 3 DJI (GCU, PMU-2 and large iOSD Mark II) new units are within the Phantom (!), removed from the heavy and large stock metal boxes (about 50 grams), and securely placed in isolated shrink wrap. NAZA unit slightly moved.

It was quite a struggle to get there, and I still succeeded in make a USB mod for setting NAZA unit, but already I could not get out USB from iOSD and GCU for configuration, FW upgrade or download telemetry (iOSD) - is necessary to remove the shell :(.
I want to be resolved...

Motors is excellent, quieter and much calmer than stock, no vibration at full throttle (it was the target my motors upgrade) :)

Zenmuse is excellent, just I have a small problem with control of the 7th channel (Pitch Control Lever), while moving the stick up, camera tilt goes down, and vice versa.
Is not it somehow throw to make it logical?

iOSD - almost perfect, I bought FBOSD early, but fairly complicated installation discouraged me, and they are documented problems with the current installation FBOSD and PMU-2 (shared GPS outage).
But - I'm just missing the iOSD display GPS coordinates, it's not critical, rather, I thought about recording FPV stream, where they were given and GPS coordinates (for search flyaway machine).

I still have some problems with FPV connectivity, when the Phantom turns the nose to me, and the current relatively short VTx antenna is covered with a gimbal and GP camera.
Tony (KondorFPV) has sent me, but a new, longer VTx antenna, so perhaps it will be better.

Total take-off weight with 2200 batteries approx 1,190 g, the average flight time of about 5-6 minutes, that's enough.
I need to extend it - would be the right solution 2600 battery - Hyperion 2600 or ThunderPower 2700?

I also ordered 9x4.7 Carbon Fiber Propeller, but I'm a little confused about the possible bad consequences of using 9 "propeller for stock regulators (ESC).

Attachments

• IMG_9257small.jpg
    IMG_9257small.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 2,032
  • IMG_9287small.jpg
    IMG_9287small.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,988
  • 20130724_132552small.jpg
    20130724_132552small.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 2,033
Looks good weight with all that gear is not too bad, battery wise I found 2700mah 30c storm battery just fits into the compartment and gets me nearly 2 minutes extra flight time. Only issue can be the battery cables as one of mine is a better fit then the other but I think that would be the absolute largest dimensions you can fit in the phantom.

x5j3.jpg

I ran a short Micro USB through the battery compartment and left it plugged into the GCU so I didn't have to go back into the Phantom. The cord tucks nicely off to the side of the battery compartment like the Phantom USB. Not sure you can fit two in there with the OSD.

I used the DJI AVL58 transmitter for my FPV and mounted a 5" monitor to my controller.

Attachments

• IMG_6615.JPG
    IMG_6615.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 1,756
  • IMG_6614.JPG
    IMG_6614.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,883
  • IMG_6610.JPG
    IMG_6610.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,792
KJMetcalfe said:
I ran a short Micro USB through the battery compartment and left it plugged into the GCU so I didn't have to go back into the Phantom. The cord tucks nicely off to the side of the battery compartment like the Phantom USB. Not sure you can fit two in there with the OSD.

I used the DJI AVL58 transmitter for my FPV and mounted a 5" monitor to my controller.

Do you reckon you could strip down a USB hub and fit that in there, so you only need one USB cable coming through the battery compartment? You might have to cobble together your own nice short connecting wires (or hard-wire them to the hub, but if you've gone this far ...

You coudl have your own "intelligent spider cable" that plugs into all the DJI devices.

You know though, if they all plug together over CAN-Bus it woudl have been nice of DJI to make one single controller SW that coudl talk to all of them through a single USB port into one of them.

I was trying to find the diagram for wiring the same osd to a phantom like yours with a gopro 3, but the webside for the osd is a bit vague and confusing. Where did you get the wiring diagram? Can you post a link or post a diagram. I will be using it with a cm2000 arris gimbal.

The setup that I found was at Bradatech for the "DJI MARK II On Screen Display Module for Wookong-M"
It looked reaaly complicated, and not sure if that is compatible for me

Any wiring help will be great, as I don't want to buy the osd until I can figure everything out

Great. That really helps, I guess that answers all questions. I had a problem teying to find the manual but you nailed it fir me. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair