So I bought this used p3p ...

Reaction score
Since I purchased it on Dec 20th I noticed on my first flight that there was these little vertical lines on the iPhone as well as the footage on the mini sd.

I noticed the top half of the shell had been replaced. Also noticed there was a grey scuff on the sonic sensor that came from the gimbal smashing into it.. I guess the little wires had separated from the connector and were shorting out. I would wiggle them and connection appeared to reflect that. Now the repair guy says he can replace the wires which would surely be the cause of these little lines. So I was excited and relieved since it will be such an easy fix.

He then went ahead with replacing the wires only to find that the little tab that holds the connector was broken off, so the connector will have to be siliconed on. I said ok no problem. He went ahead with that but still had the little black lines.

He then change the top board of the gimbal. Lines still there.

Next he changed the rolling motor. Lines still there.

He then changed the flat ribbon cable.. Lines are gone!! It's now jan 20th (approx) Iam still getting a supersonic sensor error that says to land immediately as well as an occasional "error 42 cannot take off contact dji" when I reboot the phantom the error 42 seems to vanish and I can fly no problem.

It's now the 28th the owner agreed to pay for everything to make it work properly which he has and Iam grateful. Bill was about $500.

However it seems no matter how I shoot wether it's in 4K or 1080p the footage looks like crap on Final Cut Pro x It's just not crisp and clear it's quite blurry and really quite shitty. I've used the drone with different settings and it all seems to look crappy. So is it fixed ???? This is getting quite exhausting at this point I have no idea if it's me flying the drone with the wrong settings or if the Final Cut Pro settings are off or if my computer is not powerful enough. Or the camera on the p3p is just shot and I don't know it. I feel like it should be a lot easier to get high quality footage out of this thing. If anyone can help in anyway possible I would greatly appreciate it.

Iam running a

- mid 2010 27" iMac with a 2.8 GHz Intel core i5

- 32 gb 1333 MHz ddr3 ram memory

- Ati Radeon hd 5750 1024 mb

- Dji phantom 3 professional model w323 (with old motors)

- Final Cut Pro (trial) no compressor

- San disc ultra 32 gb hc1

- latest firmware on the bird and the control

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sounds like camera is out of focus.

FCP is great and everything you have is ok.

Just one thought have you waited in FCP to finish rendering everything (there is a circular widget in centre of screen which shows progress). Before it gets to 100% it will appear blurry on playback.

I did not know about this rendering timer. Now I know my iMac isn't 4k capable. So what should I expect to see ??

Will I be able to edit it and process the 4k on this iMac to play on another 4k capable screen ??

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 21.49.55.png
Yes you can process and output 4k video, just the screen will not show it at 4k

Is Final Cut Pro not a video editing application? Is there not a native iOS app that can play the file directly... such as Quicktime or something? I suspect it will look the same but removing editing software would be helpful in the solution. You should not even be discussing rendering/changing any video if we are talking about the video files recorded on the SD card.

IN preferences

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 21.51.03.png

4k will take a lot longer to process and use a lot more memory.

Is Final Cut Pro not a video editing application? Is there not a native iOS app that can play the file directly... such as Quicktime or something? I suspect it will look the same but removing editing software would be helpful in the solution. You should not even be discussing rendering/changing any video if we are talking about the video files recorded on the SD card.

Yes.

FCP is an editing program.

Quicktime
VLC

all play video very nicely.

So I should see if it the raw files plays nicely on Vlc first ? To gauge of in fact the camera is shooting the way it's supposed to ??

I just did a small test 6 second 4K upload to YouTube and it came out in 360p [emoji53]

Oh no wait a minute .. On my phone it only goes to 360p on iMac it shows option to go up to 4k but it looks like ****...

Too much grey stuff to tell.

record a video with scenery etc. Play the MOV file.

Dont upload it, just look at it off the card and VLC can give you the details of file sizes etc.

Weather really sucks now I can't even get a good test flight god **** :(

that was shot with
24fps
NTSC
White balance 6200k
D-log
iso200
Shutter 120

Would someone be kind enough to shoot something with those same settings and post it ?

Looks like the scene your shot looks crappy. No colors in scene. Also overcast day I bet. Drab scene drab light = drab video
This time of year scenery doesnt look good.
Set up some very colorful stuff in your house/yard play with recording with props/motors not on.
Videography is all about lighting. I think you'll see much better stuff in better lighting.
Log mode lets you adjust some things but you can't add whats not there.
Next suuny day try again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1