So... Go vs. Litchi? Opinions Please.

Reaction score
Can I find any here? I'll bet so.

I have a factory refurbished P3 4K on order. In view of all the controversy surrounding the Go app plus it's one star rating, I'm thinking of forgoing Go and spending the extra $$$ and going with Litche. Good idea or no?

Ive had very good outcomes using litchi sir. I have a P3A running litchi on my galaxy s7 phone android 7.0 no problem here. It was worth the $$
Speaking of Dji go it has problems running on that phone. I read on other post that android 7.0 wont run Go properly. Hope this helps

Last edited:
I have a factory refurbished P3 4K on order. In view of all the controversy surrounding the Go app plus it's one star rating, I'm thinking of forgoing Go and spending the extra $$$ and going with Litche. Good idea or no?
Not a great idea at all.
Go is a great program and probably all you need.
The 1-star reviews are from two kinds of people:
1. People that tried to use it on a phone or tablet that doesn't have enough power to run it properly
2. Turkeys that can't read instructions and wouldn't be able to tie their own shoelaces.​
You have to use DJI Go to activate your drone and it's not recommended that you use 3rd party apps until you are familiar with operating the Phantom.
By then you'll know how good Go is for yourself.
If you need some of the extra features that Litchi is good for (particularly waypoints), then try Litchi.
Think of Litchi as a supplement to Go rather than a replacement.

Yes there have been issues with the latest P4 and upwards FW including some P3 upgrades, you will still need to use the GO app for basic settings in Litchi and registering your drone prior to use. You will see many posts regarding FW challenges as they are the likely to be posted as opposed to those who got through it ok. Everyone recognises the lack of a stable upgrade whether it be app or FW, but any third party apps that are supported by the DJI SDK will still rely on a stable platform to leverage from.
If you are not comfortable with upgrades, ignore any updates when you receive your drone package and fly until you are comfortable before you start utilising apps like Litchi.

I have a P3P, in my experience I had only problems in Dji Go ... and the last of the video transmission loss is not yet resolved :-( So if I want to fly I have to use Litchi. I agree you need anyway to have the Dji Go but only for basic settings.

If you are unlucky enough to lose your AC flying with litchi (I mean lose to be you can't recover it and make it available to DJI for assessment, reading the onboard flight log in particular) you have little to no chance of DJI assisting you. DJI will accept the GO app log file for analysis and there are many users attesting to the fact that they have replaced AC where the log file demonstrated a DJI hardware/software issue as being the cause.

By all means buy Litchi. It has very cool features that aren't available in GO.

If your new to the hobby do yourself a favour and get competent flying with the GO app first.

I use dji go if I am flying over water as like with the birds said if anything happens then dji will take care of it. But..... All other flights I use litchi. Dji go is sluggish, cuts out and the Facebook live feed is crap. Always pausing live feed every two seconds. Litchi doesn't. And the waypoint is amazing on litchi. 90% of my flights are with litchi

Last edited:
Thanks to all that took the time to respond so far. I have decided to start with GO in the beginning, buy Litchi at the same time and hold it in reserve until I become familiar and competent with the basics. More comments and advice are welcome and encouraged.

Thanks to all that took the time to respond so far. I have decided to start with GO in the beginning, buy Litchi at the same time and hold it in reserve until I become familiar and competent with the basics. More comments and advice are welcome and encouraged.
I have had Litchi for a year. I needed a backup as I use my P4 for business. Since May, the GO app has had many problems, creating strong interference when there was none before, the app crashing, the app resetting the camera to jog. Since May I have been using Litchi and had no problems. I also am trying their "Healthy Drones" auto flight log app, amazing and so much better than anything from DJI, and it will also upload DJI logs so I am quite happy with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj