So frustrated:(

Reaction score
Hi guys , was so excited to get my first drone yesterday, a dji p3 standard . 2 x fruitless nights now and still cannot update firmware . Keeps saying no sd card detected . This is using both the 8gb card that it came with and a 64gb SanDisk I purchased . Same error on both . On line dji chat suggested re calibrating umi , gimble and remote control - no luck , used the app on my phone and tablet . I have formatted both cards via an adaptor on my laptop running Windows 10 . Is it faulty? Will I ever get to fly . Any help greatly appreciated.
Alan

Thanks Hankwesty , when I connected to my laptop via USB the drone would not show on my file manager .
Also on the mobile app the "menu" button on the screen was ghosted out and did not respond - the DJi advisor had said the format the card via settings in the menu - but I couldn't get the menu to launch .

Hi guys , was so excited to get my first drone yesterday, a dji p3 standard . 2 x fruitless nights now and still cannot update firmware . Keeps saying no sd card detected . This is using both the 8gb card that it came with and a 64gb SanDisk I purchased . Same error on both . On line dji chat suggested re calibrating umi , gimble and remote control - no luck , used the app on my phone and tablet . I have formatted both cards via an adaptor on my laptop running Windows 10 . Is it faulty? Will I ever get to fly . Any help greatly appreciated.
Alan
Hello, and welcome to the forum..
Hum many questions for you, and hope somebody will help also.
Not that you needed to, at least at this point, you were able to calibrate IMU, but later you said you could not bring up the menu?

Hi , yes , the DJi chap suggested I tried to format the SD card using the DJi Go App . He said to press the word "menu" then click "settings" and select "format SD card" ........ for some reason the word menu on the DJi Go App is greyed out and does not respond - so that option to format the card does not work ..... I'm dying to get started but not sure if this drone is faulty or I'm doing something wrong ?

So that is a yes on you can do a IMU?
If so, can you view the camera with the DJI go app?

No , the screen is just black says "no signal" in red at top of screen
So that is a yes or no, your were able to do a IMU calibration?

I carried out a UMI calibration , a gimbel calibration and the RC calibration - it said none were necessary , but did them anyway . But when trying to upgrade firmware just says no SD card detected .

yes the imu calibration worked ok - I followed the you tube tutorial
OK, that tells me you registered your phantom with DJI, your app knows what Phantom you have, your app can communicate to the phantom.
Have you ever seen the view from the camera?
Do you get any Telemeter data, remote battery level, battery in phantom, number of satellites receiving, etc?

I carried out a UMI calibration , a gimbel calibration and the RC calibration - it said none were necessary , but did them anyway . But when trying to upgrade firmware just says no SD card detected .
So did they finish? Said they were successful?

Hum, camera is not there at all, check wires / plugs going to the gimbal plate, and look to see if tiny ribbon lead looks inserted correctly, you could probably start the motors and fly it, but I didn't tell you that:rolleyes:.
Yes, I now believe tech support.:(

Let me stir up a couple of members.

Rod

Last edited:
Reactions: Winelad
Just a wild hunch but is there any way you can get your hands on a microsd that was not formatted in win10?
I pretty sure the camera would still work fine, a person not long ago thought he lost his SD card in flight, found it in his computer. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was thinking that a while back.

Well I think your unit is DOA, I was hoping someone that had been flying without there camera hooked up chime in and say if they ever had the sd card message and or if the Menu button for the camera was dimmed.

I'm going to take a turn & suggest that before you abandon or return you should definitely try a different SD card. Is the SD card your using now within the requirements of DJI recommended specs? Before opening things up or packaging up you baby run out to walgreen, best buy, walmart etc & pick up a new clean SD card. I suggest springing the extra few bucks for a good quality UHS-3 Class 10 Ultra. walgreens might sound silly but my local stores almost always have sales on micro ad's.
Start over fresh with the new card & go back to the beginning. Just my humble opinion but i haven't heard what SD card your using currently. A chance it is all due to the SD class & specs.

Best of luck, updating firmware always seems to test all of our patience at some point!! I spent 4 hours when my my new P3P arrived just trying to figure out the firmware situation:confused:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik