So far fark the litchi app

Reaction score
Took the drone out again after problems with litchi uninstalled and reinstalled it

The drone lost its home point
And and rèmote reception

Lucky the drone was 20mtr above me in the park

Turned the rc on and off many times

Last restort pull both lever down and in to shut down the drone
And had the catch it

Cut the fingers up huge bruse to the arm

Some might say wait to the battery runs out but with no rc you dont know when it will run out and the you got to try catch it

So far the litchi app has nearly cost me my drone twice in 2 hrs

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

1. Are you using iOS or android version of Litchi?

2. I will never do CSC to get drone back unless it's entering risky area. 20 m high is not a small height.

3. With batteries down it will initiate auto landing.

Sorry to hear your story.

Well I would say he is using a Samsung Glaxy S6 that would be the SM-G920I that he posted from :)
I'm really curious if in all these flyaways/problems the basic steps before flight are taken. Like for example did it take off with satellite lock ? Are the batteries charged for all components ?

And like you said at 2. who will do CSC in mid air ? you better wait and only CSC when the danger is imminent. (these things can't fly longer that 20 minutes). I would have tried to restart Litchi app or phone even or start the DJI GO app and try to take over.

I know those minutes will be like sitting with a boxer in a ring but 15-20 minutes (if the battery was full) aren't that long and you have time to test/try things out.

2. I will never do CSC to get drone back unless it's entering risky area. 20 m high is not a small height.

Its all good new prop fresh battery litchi deleted its working fine

How do i tell if in using ios or android ver

Well I would say he is using a Samsung Glaxy S6 that would be the SM-G920I that he posted from :)
I'm really curious if in all these flyaways/problems the basic steps before flight are taken. Like for example did it take off with satellite lock ? Are the batteries charged for all components ?

And like you said at 2. who will do CSC in mid air ? you better wait and only CSC when the danger is imminent. (these things can't fly longer that 20 minutes). I would have tried to restart Litchi app or phone even or start the DJI GO app and try to take over.

I know those minutes will be like sitting with a boxer in a ring but 15-20 minutes (if the battery was full) aren't that long and you have time to test/try things out.
I using a samsung tab a has full gps works great with dji go

Ok so iv got the litchi app on my Samsung s6
And dig go app on the samsung tab a

Tomorrow ill try the litchi on the s6 but in not holding my breath

Ok so iv got the litchi app on my Samsung s6
And dig go app on the samsung tab a

Tomorrow ill try the litchi on the s6 but in not holding my breath

I would recommend you stop and read a bit :) I didn't recommend using Litchi on another phone/tablet. It doesn't matter that much from where are you running it ... it matters if you respect some basics flight checks and if you might have a hardware/software problem. Try to see if you have anything suspicious first. Do a compass calibration the proper way and also check IMU status in DJI Assistant.

Just trying to fly again doesn't help if you don't do some research on what might be the problem ... you might end up in the same situation with the Galaxy S6.

For the time being I recommend going over all possible checks and then use official DJI GO app until you know the problem isn't there anymore.

Reactions: JBG
Took the drone out again after problems with litchi uninstalled and reinstalled it

The drone lost its home point
And and rèmote reception

Lucky the drone was 20mtr above me in the park

Turned the rc on and off many times

Last restort pull both lever down and in to shut down the drone
And had the catch it

Cut the fingers up huge bruse to the arm

Some might say wait to the battery runs out but with no rc you dont know when it will run out and the you got to try catch it

So far the litchi app has nearly cost me my drone twice in 2 hrs

How are you losing RC control of the aircraft at 20 meters above you? Was the first LED light on the RC actually red instead of green? I don't use Litchi, but isn't there always a way to cancel the mission and take over manual control with the RC? If you can do a CSC, you should still have full manual control of the aircraft with the transmitter, because CSC cannot kill the motors unless you are in control of the aircraft with the RC!

Reactions: SmashinTheSky
I would recommend you stop and read a bit :) I didn't recommend using Litchi on another phone/tablet. It doesn't matter that much from where are you running it ... it matters if you respect some basics flight checks and if you might have a hardware/software problem. Try to see if you have anything suspicious first. Do a compass calibration the proper way and also check IMU status in DJI Assistant.

Just trying to fly again doesn't help if you don't do some research on what might be the problem ... you might end up in the same situation with the Galaxy S6.

For the time being I recommend going over all possible checks and then use official DJI GO app until you know the problem isn't there anymore.
After i brought the drone down took it home deleted litchi did a imu cal and compass cal again for the second time

And using the dji go app flew out to 2.5km at 300mtr very happy

Tomorrow ill use my other s6 that has on litchi on it and go to the huge grass land and try it again see what happens
How do i tell if in using ios or android ver

How are you losing RC control of the aircraft at 20 meters above you? Was the first LED light on the RC actually red instead of green? I don't use Litchi, but isn't there always a way to cancel the mission and take over manual control with the RC? If you can do a CSC, you should still have full manual control of the aircraft with the transmitter, because CSC cannot kill the motors unless you are in control of the aircraft with the RC!

There was a green light flew the drone up 20 mtr all was good then start to fly away from my home point

You would think so if you have csc but with the display say no signal and the drone is not reaction to any imput i dont know

Also if i was incontrol i wouldnt of done the csc trust me 2 cut up finger and nearly broke my arm when i cought it was not something i want to do again

I think it's pretty hard to blame it on an application since DJI GO and Litchi are mainly created for viewing stats and the video stream from the camera. They have some control over the quad copter but kinda limited and the Phantom respons to RC either way (you flick the S1 and you are in control) even with no app running the RC is connected to the Phantom.

Maybe I'm wrong and such cases might exist :)

There was a green light flew the drone up 20 mtr all was good then start to fly away from my home point

You would think so if you have csc but with the display say no signal and the drone is not reaction to any imput i dont know

Also if i was incontrol i wouldnt of done the csc trust me 2 cut up finger and nearly broke my arm when i cought it was not something i want to do again

No signal in the app is not necessarily the same as no RC control. The only time you have no RC control is when the first LED in the transmitter is red instead of green. If that LED is red, you cannot do a CSC, so it must have been green, and you therefore still had transmitter control.

Reactions: Meta4
No signal in the app is not necessarily the same as no RC control. The only time you have no RC control is when the first LED in the transmitter is red instead of green. If that LED is red, you cannot do a CSC, so it must have been green, and you therefore still had transmitter control.
Yes but the app displays the rc signal and video sinal and there was none
And the app also said no signal and the led on the control was red but when i started fly it was green

Yes but the app displays the rc signal and video sinal and there was none
And the app also said no signal and the led on the control was red but when i started fly it was green

With all due respect, the CSC can only work if the first LED in the transmitter is green at the time it is executed. If you can kill it, you can control it. While the first LED is red, the transmitter is no longer communicating with the aircraft, which also precludes a successful CSC. The only other possibility is that control was restored while the LED was red just before had a chance to turn green, but regardless of the LED color, if you can perform a CSC, you were in transmitter control of the aircraft when you performed it, and could have landed it instead.

Last edited:
I have Litchi and was under the assumption that if rc contact is lost for a set period the bird would Initiate RTH as with DJI go app...? Is this not the case, and if so can it be enabled somehow?

With all due respect, the CSC can only work if the first LED in the transmitter is green at the time it is executed. If you can kill it, you can control it. While the first LED is red, the transmitter is no longer communicating with the aircraft, which also precludes a successful CSC. The only other possibility is that control was restored while the LED was red just before had a chance to turn green, but regardless of the LED color, if you can perform a CSC, you were in transmitter control of the aircraft when you performed it, and could have landed it instead.
Mate i tryed trust me to land the drone it would not resome to any comands from the controler the except the csc at the end

I have Litchi and was under the assumption that if rc contact is lost for a set period the bird would Initiate RTH as with DJI go app...? Is this not the case, and if so can it be enabled somehow?
The home point had dissapered of the map so if there is no home point during the fight how would the rth work ??

Mate i tryed trust me to land the drone it would not resome to any comands from the controler the except the csc at the end

I keep rejecting that possibility, but I shouldn't. It actually happened to me almost a year ago with my first P3P. However, at the time, I didn't know about checking the controller LED color, so when the app displayed No Signal, I thought that meant no RC connection. I thought I had no control over the aircraft because it was unresponsive to controls, but it was still hovering in place, within sight, about a block away. However, I don't know how hard I tried to control it, in hindsight, because of the very clear (but confusing) red No Signal from the app and no FPV. I am assuming the transmitter LED must have been green, because when I executed a CSC in a vain foolish attempt to reconnect to the aircraft, it instead stopped the motors and crashed. But what if it the LED was red? I'll never know, but it certainly raises the question of how a CSC could possibly get through on a red LED, but any other control is unavailable. Your certainty is making me rethink my assumptions and conclusions. Maybe there is a transmitter bug that prevents control but still allows a CSC. DJI replaced my aircraft, so maybe they know something we don't, or maybe they were just in a generous mood that day.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl