So... after what time you get bored your p3?

Reaction score
This question boders me. I'm waitng for my bird now. I can't wait and i know i'm gonna spend much time having fun of it. But... after what time it becomes boring? :) Did you have thoughs like "it was waste of money"?

When you get bored with it out of the box, switch to atti mode and learn how to fly, that should keep you occupied for 12 months if you don't break it. Waste of money, never!

Hookers and street drugs are the biggest waste of money. So are the lame lottery tickets that suck people in, but the government always wins... ;-) The giant Hoover vacuum...

I love my Phantom 3 Pro' today, as much as I did on day one. Perhaps even more so these days, with the updated features and awesome Go app. Autonomous flight capabilities. Camera controls.
Every where we go, becomes a new adventure. Buy extra flight batteries, you will Need them...

RedHotPoker

I know, extra batteries and nd8 will come with my Phantom, hardshell backpack is next to buy. :)

Get setup with a backpack so you can hike in to new places and fly. Buzzing around your neighborhood will get boring really quick but if you keep your creativity flowing, you will not get bored with your phantom.

Get setup with a backpack so you can hike in to new places and fly. Buzzing around your neighborhood will get boring really quick but if you keep your creativity flowing, you will not get bored with your phantom.
I agree. You start looking at the surroundings with different eyes. You get ideas on the site.
This weekend I wanted to make some overview video, but found a diver instead. So I changed my plan.
I have had a P3A now for about half a year. The only thing that can be boring is bad weather ;)

Finding new locations to video keeps the excitement alive.
Also, if RC flying is in your blood, you'll never EVER grow tired of it.

I know, extra batteries and nd8 will come with my Phantom, hardshell backpack is next to buy. :)
The @dji hardshell backpack, is awesome. What can I say. I Wish it had a couple more battery wells, 4 is usually adequate... ;-) It's sure comfortable enough, the sternum strap is nice, an added waist strap would be even better. Protects the drone and other gear very well. Definately a must have, if you plan on traveling anywhere with it.

RedHotPoker

Every day is a discovery day. Lots to video and room to fly.

For me a few more batteries and a nd 16 would be ideal.

Between the bird itself and the photography learning curve, becoming bored seems remote.

I fly daily, weather permitting, and I'm still in that "amazed what it can do zone." Lol

Truth of the matter is --- aerial photos and video does become boring at some point. It all depends on where and what you're filming. I live in Ohio and it has become extremely repetitive seeing cornfields and woods from 100 ft. or 200 ft. or 300 ft. high! Really doesnt matter what angle or height, that **** is just boring to look at --- trust me I got over 500 videos to prove it LOL. I suppose people who travel a lot probably get more use out of their P3 videography hobby.

The key is to find some kind of utility for your investment. For example, I was helping a friend scout for deer in the local farms last August since he's an avid bowhunter and wanted to know where the best herds congregated before dusk so he could set up a good treestand spot. Now he wants me to scout for spring turkey flocks the same way. I let him put on my Headplay HD goggles and search for animals using the live FPV while I navigate the P3P. It works well, and we can scout a large area within a 1.5 miles radius by just standing in one place with a nice vantage point. I might even place an ad on Craigs to make some cash from other hunters interested in this high-tech game scouting. :p

Reactions: QuadBart
This question boders me. I'm waitng for my bird now. I can't wait and i know i'm gonna spend much time having fun of it. But... after what time it becomes boring? :) Did you have thoughs like "it was waste of money"?

I bought the Phantom 3 pro right when it released so I had it about a year now. I still get the same excitement every time I fly it lol

for me i don't get bored of flying the p3. I just get bored of flying at the same few locations over and over again.

Hookers and street drugs are the biggest waste of money. So are the lame lottery tickets that suck people in, but the government always wins... ;-) The giant Hoover vacuum...

Rofl, I have never needed any of that. The only vice I enjoy is good tequila. By good, I mean we are talking $200+ per bottle good. Not $10 per bottle gasoline.

I am kinda board with mine already. But not because of the Phantom. Its the weather here. Kinda tired of shooting mucky snow and brown trees. Spring will fix that though.

Got bored with flying it after 5 or 6 flights. The photo and video aspect of it keep me interested though.

Whenever I fly, I go out with a "training plan". Even though I fly the same area during the week or this time of year which limits where I can go in the mountains to film.

I practice things like panning slowly and smoothly, judging distances, flying patterns.. Video or take photos of the same things I've done already BUT try different angles or movements...

Sure it gets old and I want to shoot somewhere else. But having a training plan helps me feel productive with it.

The actual act of flying it never gets boring, a bit worrisome though. I always expect something bad to happen because I read too many posts on here. Lol.

The video/photo aspect got old after my second flight. I live in Michigan. Aside from the Lake, it's not very scenic. Also, I suspect a lot of users watch their videos a few times and never again. See one aerial video, you've seen them all.

There´s a "drone game" going on for a while that has everyone become "un-bored" with their P2s and P3s really quick around here :D It´s cool, really underground stuff and keeps evolving to increase challenge level - right now someone is developing a way to interact with foreign pilots, but I can´t yet comment on this. Also I´m taking part as an individual, because companies aren´t allowed which I find good actually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20