Snapped Antenna housing from official case storage

Reaction score
All,

After storing my phantom 3 in the official hard case Backpack I have managed to snap the housing that the right antenna sits in and have a few questions.

Firstly, what is the best way to store the controller in the hardcase? I have been folding them inwards as I can't see any other way to do it, I'm pretty carefully too and always watch the 2 sides of the case meet each other to ensure it's all snug.

Secondly, how easy will this be to repair? I have been out and tested everything and it seems ok of I'm pretty confident no wires have broken, i'm tempted to just glue it back in place but a bit concerned that it will just break again.

Any help appreciated!

While you looking for a replacment a little gorilla glue should hold it for a while. Since it's so new a spare may be a little hard to find right away.

Without seeing a picture, it's going to be tough to imagine how hard it'll be to repair. As far as parts go, DJI does not sell spare parts for remote controllers. They would be able to fix it (probably in 8-10 weeks) if you mail it to them though. Other than attempting to repair it yourself with some type of glue, you could try buying a broken remote controller on eBay or check around at repair shops to see if they are willing to part one out.

Looks like a perfect time for an antenna mod!! I use the same case. My antennas dont even touch the "lid" when closed. Did you have the strap over the top of them? That would surely break them! It fits perfect below them though.

Looks like a perfect time for an antenna mod!! I use the same case. My antennas dont even touch the "lid" when closed. Did you have the strap over the top of them? That would surely break them! It fits perfect below them though.

Yep, what a bellend I am!

Had same issue, put in dji backpack and didn't pay attention to strap placement. Now I have a broken antenna housing. Is crazy glue the best fix?

Attachments

• 1443372804459.jpg
    1443372804459.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 406
  • 1443372830026.jpg
    1443372830026.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 462
A little medium CA- and you will be good to go.. just don't get it inside the collar where the antenna rotates.

Just thought i would revive this thread as i just had the same situation.
Broken the Antenna with official DJI Case- :(

How does everyone fold the antenna when storing it in the case?

Thanks

Just thought i would revive this thread as i just had the same situation.
Broken the Antenna with official DJI Case- :(

How does everyone fold the antenna when storing it in the case?

Thanks
Antennas up, clip strap, move antennas sideways to controller (pointed inward, across the back of the controller) so they don't get pinched in the foam or bind on the strap, close case. Will send pic later..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Antennas up, clip strap, move antennas sideways to controller (pointed inward, across the back of the controller) so they don't get pinched in the foam or bind on the strap, close case. Will send pic later..

d4df32bb0c45f23b998f222ca8ea3769.jpg

Without seeing a picture, it's going to be tough to imagine how hard it'll be to repair. As far as parts go, DJI does not sell spare parts for remote controllers. They would be able to fix it (probably in 8-10 weeks) if you mail it to them though. Other than attempting to repair it yourself with some type of glue, you could try buying a broken remote controller on eBay or check around at repair shops to see if they are willing to part one out.
I just sent mine in for a cracked case. Took 1 week, including shipping time from AZ to CA. I would just sent it in. I have that case and i fold them sideways. no problems.

Had same issue, put in dji backpack and didn't pay attention to strap placement. Now I have a broken antenna housing. Is crazy glue the best fix?

I too have the exact same problem. Stored it in the hard case, pulled it out this morning to charge and saw the left antenna was broke.

Is there a replacement antenna? Or did you just glue it? Those that sent it in for repairs, what was the repair charge?

Thanks!

I bite the bullet and sent it off to DJI Netherlands- You're forced to send it by a trackable courier else they won't accept it- that costs me £40.
I was hoping to claim warranty, and say the case foam was made badly + no instructions to pack everything- but they weren't having it.

Then total repair fee + part + shipping back by DJI
£25 or 35 Euros- which was not worth arguing for.

Not sure why it was so cheap for the repair and shipping, possibly because i warrantied my back pack as one of rubber feet's white insert fell off before use and shipping back was included in the warranty

Total repair time- from sending it off to getting it back was 2 weeks.

Just heard back from DJI regarding my broken antenna. I have a P3P. See anything wrong with their reply?

"We are sorry to hear about the issue with your DJI product, but we can confirm that if you follow our instruction to put your RC into the hardshell it won't be damaged. "

Attachments

• 1450878569899.jpg
    1450878569899.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 372
you might want to re think about sending to a DJI repair center.
The repair was to replace the top part of the controller as this is where the antenna is attached onto.

My transmitter came back- Antenna fixed (yay!) but the top half and bottom half has a huge panel gap in such a way that it looks like a few screws has been left out - This is a paid repair by the way...

I read before the customer service is poor- but seriously this is abysmal

Attachments

• IMG_3716.JPG
    IMG_3716.JPG
    829.7 KB · Views: 335
I didn't want to wait, used super glue. And the screws holding the 2 halves of the remote 2 were stripped, so for now I only have 2 screws holding it together. Thinking about making some threaded aluminum inserts to fix the stripped standoffs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik