smooth video from yaw

Reaction score
The video I get is fantastic when moving forward/sideways/backwards. It’s also fantastic when I go straight up or down. But when I spin (yaw), the video isn’t very smooth, even if I rotate slowly and smoothly. The video is sort of mushy, it isn't crisp. Any tips on how to get smooth video on yaw? Thanks!

I'm assuming so since you'll have more frames to work with.

Most people use ND filters when shooting video. However, you'll still need to slow your yaw down to make it look good.

I guess my main question is, why does video from going forwards/sideways/backwards look so good, but even if very slowly rotating (yaw), it doesn't look nearly as good?

Got an example we can see?

Get the fastest memory card you can find - maybe write speed issues with yours??

DG

The video I get is fantastic when moving forward/sideways/backwards. It’s also fantastic when I go straight up or down. But when I spin (yaw), the video isn’t very smooth, even if I rotate slowly and smoothly. The video is sort of mushy, it isn't crisp. Any tips on how to get smooth video on yaw? Thanks!
Reduce the expo to 30 and raise the stick. Never tilt the stick more than halfway and do it slowly. Try the Litchi app if you are trying to get smooth pans.

Got an example we can see?

look at the first post you linked for better filming tips.

actually, look at any single phantom video, everyone who yaws it looks terrible, looks like it went from a nice 60fps smooth to 10-15fps chop

here from the tips video

7:20

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

he's yawing with all his curves set, can someone say CHOP.
looks horrible.

That said I do my best to never yaw, and almost any pro video (weddings, and what not, they won't yaw either)

Reduce the expo to 30 and raise the stick. Never tilt the stick more than halfway and do it slowly. Try the Litchi app if you are trying to get smooth pans.
Actually, the best thing to do is roll and yaw. You should practice circles and figure eights. Combining roll and yaw is what a plane does. It makes for much smoother turns.

Actually, the best thing to do is roll and yaw. You should practice circles and figure eights. Combining roll and yaw is what a plane does. It makes for much smoother turns.
Good tip. I also set my sticks higher and reduced the exp settings to 35 across the board.

Good tip. I also set my sticks higher and reduced the exp settings to 35 across the board.
You should only change the exp setting on the yaw. You don't want to change the others as you may need it for emergency maneuvering and it gives no advantage.

You should only change the exp setting on the yaw. You don't want to change the others as you may need it for emergency maneuvering and it gives no advantage.
Been flying for over a year like this, I'm so used to it I'd probably crash it!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic