Smooth Movements!!!

Reaction score
Is it possible to smooth out the copter movements as I find it very difficult to move the sticks slowly without jerkiness I would love to be able to move more graceful in the sky!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can find some helpful tips here.

Is it possible to smooth out the copter movements as I find it very difficult to move the sticks slowly without jerkiness I would love to be able to move more graceful in the sky!!!

Cass,

There are many settings in the bird that can be altered to smooth things out quite a bit. Too many to list here. One thing that will help that many don't know about is to extend the sticks on the RC. The ends of the sticks can be turned in and out. There are two parts at the top of each stick, hold the lower collar and turn the top end of the stick counter-clockwise. That will loosen the tip of the stick. Extend it out further and lock the collar in place. The further out you extend the sticks the more movement that will be required to execute an action, therefore, "smoothing" movements out a bit.

Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you wish smooth movements for the purpose of video, the old trick, which seems to work nicely on the Phantom, is to record at 60 FPS, then slow the movement down to half speed in post video editing (usually less than a 1/2 seconds worth).

You might also try the Bestem BT-Phantom Knobs ($10 on Amazon). Gives a larger area to grip and seems to help. As others have said, dialing the gain back in all axi - even the gimbal rate, also helps a lot.

BTW "Drones and Your Business: The Future Takes Flight" by my parter & I releases 3/14 on Amazon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik