Smartphone desconnect

Reaction score
My Samsung 3 connects and I can view and turn on video, BUT after a few seconds it freezes and a message says PHANTOM CONNECTION BROKEN. I have to reconnect. What is wrong?

it means its not getting the video feed from the phantom, the problem may lie in the extender or the camera, what version of the app do you have, if its the newer version 1.054 then i had issues with that and returned to the old one.

Also go into WIFI on your phone and then hit the lower left button on the phone and choose settings, there is one for autosearch or similar, make sure its turned off this stops the WIFi from dropping the phantom wifi in favour of one with internet connection.

Thank you. I will work on that. BTW I contacted the Phantom factory repair and they said to return it for repair. I'll try your fix first.

Oh! Another problem I have is that there is no data on the SD card sometimes. The Phone will show recording but no download video. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

crash1sttime said:
it means its not getting the video feed from the phantom, the problem may lie in the extender or the camera, what version of the app do you have, if its the newer version 1.054 then i had issues with that and returned to the old one.

Also go into WIFI on your phone and then hit the lower left button on the phone and choose settings, there is one for autosearch or similar, make sure its turned off this stops the WIFi from dropping the phantom wifi in favour of one with internet connection.

I just looked up my app version, it is 1.0.54.
I'm not very tech savvy... How do I change the version?

there is on the vision camera a button to start recording, hold for 2 seconds and let go, let it run for a minute and see if the video is there
Also are you using the original SD card

Is it the vision or vision plus?

Problem solved! At last.
My Samsung phone was the problem. It is Android 3. The DJI App calls for 4 or higher. A friend of mine used his 4 and it worked just fine.... no disconnects. I need to buy another phone if I want to use this Vision app. I'm not sure it is worth it.

If its the S3 then see if there is an update for it, you can find this in settings, i have the S3 and it works fine

crash1sttime said:
If its the S3 then see if there is an update for it, you can find this in settings, i have the S3 and it works fine
Good thought. I found the update and clicked on ''update Samsung software''. 108 of them. Unfortunately it did not solve my problem. After about a min the phone disconnects. ''unable to establish a wireless connection''. After a few seconds it will connect again... all by itself. Then disconnects again, etc. Now I'm only using the wi-fi feature of this phone, I do not have a contract for the cell phone feature. Could this be a problem? I wouldn't think so.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20