Smart go home?

Reaction score
So I now have an LTE iPad Air and want to turn on Dynamic home point but cannot find it in settings. Is this the same as Smart Go Home?

No. The Phantom 3 does not have a dynamic home point setting. You can use the icons on the left of the DJI GO app to manually reset your home point at anytime.

When enabled, the DJI GO app will auto initiate RTH when it detects you've reached the point where you need to turn around in order to make it back home before the battery dies. The DJI GO app will display a notification before it returns home. That will allow you to cancel that action and continue to fly.

You can set the home point to be your controller though cant you? That is what dynamic home was on the P2 I thought.

You can set the home point to be your controller though cant you?
Yes -- if your mobile device has GPS.

That is what dynamic home was on the P2 I thought.
When people say "dynamic home point", they usually mean the home point is auto updated at some set interval.

Yes -- if your mobile device has GPS.

When people say "dynamic home point", they usually mean the home point is auto updated at some set interval.

Oh I see, I'm glad I was right as I have used that feature & thought I must of been imagining it.

When enabled, the DJI GO app will auto initiate RTH when it detects you've reached the point where you need to turn around in order to make it back home before the battery dies. The DJI GO app will display a notification before it returns home. That will allow you to cancel that action and continue to fly.

Is this enabled by default? (Can't check at the moment as my controller is currently on it's way to DJI to fix a faulty RTH button.)

From the P2V+ manual (not a Phantom 3 feature though):

Dynamic home point.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic