Smart Go Home Gone in new DJIGO4????

Reaction score
Bought a second P4P for backup the other day. First thing I did when setting it up was go to TURN OFF the SMART GO HOME. It's aggravating...well guess what. The toggle is no longer there in my DJIGO4 app. Wondering if it was removed in the new version. Here is where it used to be and what it looked like. Is anyone else missing this setting? Thanks for looking.

dji-go-smart-return-to-home-djigo4-jpg.80359

I see that setting in the current version of DJI GO 4 (on both Android & Apple devices). Try reinstalling DJI GO 4.

Reactions: skyeboysteve
Well in downgraded firmware to current version installed dji go 4 onto a device never used to fly before and no option to turn off smart return to home. Dji no help as usual.
pqcpy.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a second P4P for backup the other day. First thing I did when setting it up was go to TURN OFF the SMART GO HOME. It's aggravating...well guess what. The toggle is no longer there in my DJIGO4 app. Wondering if it was removed in the new version. Here is where it used to be and what it looked like. Is anyone else missing this setting? Thanks for looking.

dji-go-smart-return-to-home-djigo4-jpg.80359
Yes, I noticed too that this facility is missing from its usual place under "Aircraft Battery".
The problem is, is it set permanently or is it not set at all?
It would be a little late to find out when we lose our connection for some reason.
Can anyone say for sure?

Like msinger said, reinstall your Go app.

****EDIT****
This worked before, but now that I've just updated the firmware on my P4P to V 01.04.0602, it's missing again. After re-installing the Go 4 app (again); it was there until prompted to update the no-fly zone management (again)--seems to be an update to the app itself, not the firmware.

Last edited:
DJI support...
Communication seems to be not considered a requirement by DJI.
Why in God's name do they change items like this without letting the customer know in detail about the changes?
It's too windy here at the moment to fly but I wonder if anyone has checked to see if the "smart return-to-home" is actually functional?

From what I've found out if the smart return home was turned off before firmware upgrade it will stay off forever and if it was on it will stay on forever. I don't want it to work. It's a pain in ***. For one thing it is usually wrong. Secondly try running s mission in litchi and if it goes off it cancels mission and your bird sits where're ever mission ended.

I am one rev back from this new firmware just released. My p4p was on this rev new out of the box. Smart RTH is not in this rev either. It did not just disappear with this new firmware. That's all I can report on it.

I am one rev back from this new firmware just released. My p4p was on this rev new out of the box. Smart RTH is not in this rev either. It did not just disappear with this new firmware. That's all I can report on it.
Perhaps it was the controller update a few weeks ago..

It disappeared on me after last Go 4 app update (not firmware) but I got it back after reinstalling the app. However once I connected to my P4P to do firmware update it disappeared.

Perhaps it was the controller update a few weeks ago..
That's probably it. I was prompted to do a controller update, come to think of it. Never got a chance to look at any settings before doing that. So I think it was the controller update previous to this firmware update that did smart RTH in.

Why in God's name do they change items like this without letting the customer know in detail about the changes?
It's too windy here at the moment to fly but I wonder if anyone has checked to see if the "smart return-to-home" is actually functional?
David,
You don't happen to be in central Kansas are you? It's been so windy here and I am so wanting to fly.

I wish they'd remove the 'High wind warning', it's driving me nuts particularly when there's not even a leaf moving on the trees!? If the trees are bending in half, I'll know it's windy! lol

Reactions: KKD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic