Small dilema: The hatch or the backseat?

Reaction score
Usually when I take my P2V+ out to a new location I take my truck because it's just easier. I place it on the bench seat which is away from my very weak speakers. Easy.

This weekend though I'm taking a 3 hour road trip to LI so I will be taking the car.
My car has rather powerful speakers (large magnets) in the cabin along with an amp that doesn't know the meaning of cool in the hatch.

Do you guys think I would be better off keeping the bird in the backseat next to those speakers (small car so no other choice but to keep it close to at least one of the speakers)
or would it be better off in that hot (and bumpy) hatch?

The hatch would be nice because then I wouldn't have to worry (so much anyway) about leaving the car unattended if I need to make a pitstop.
Backseat just sounds safer for the bird though. With all those pot holes, I would imagine the cushion of the backseat being beneficial. And I would obviously recalibrate the compass when I get there anyway but I'm worried about what that kind of magnetism would do to other circuitry in the bird over that 3 hour span (each way).

fwiw, no, I don't plan on having the volume up high and I do have a case.

So... hot and very bumpy vs magnets/hope I don't need to take a leak?

Thanks!

The worst that can happen is that you'll screw up your compass calibration. It doesn't matter if you have the volume up or not - the magnets in the speakers are as powerful in either case. It won't do any harm to anything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31