Small Cracks On Battery Over #4 LED

TGA

Reaction score
Has anyone notice small hairline cracks on their batteries right of above the #4 LED on the Battery, closer to the button?

I noticed this too on one of my batteries

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do you think the update has something to do with it? I couldn't imagine how, but nothing Surprises me anymore

You gotta read the post ;) People have decided that a spring behind the plastic is causing the cracks.

See post #11 in that thread.

Reactions: bvip4
The tension spring makes sense. Gonna have to keep an I on it

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The tension spring makes sense. Gonna have to keep an I on it

It seeeeeems from the few replies (one from DJI) that it's a manufacturing defect covered under warranty (I could be wrong) and I'd recommend contacting DJI to see if you can get a new one just so you don't chance it. I'm interested to know if they are going to change the design of all batteries from here on out and scrap the old ones or how they handle something like this.

Please report back if you ask for a replacement.

It seeeeeems from the few replies (one from DJI) that it's a manufacturing defect covered under warranty (I could be wrong) and I'd recommend contacting DJI to see if you can get a new one just so you don't chance it. I'm interested to know if they are going to change the design of all batteries from here on out and scrap the old ones or how they handle something like this.

Please report back if you ask for a replacement.
I think they might already have which is why they switched from Part 7 to Part 54. Everyone was confused at first but it seems to be the reason. I'll still take the Part 7 over it. I don't think that little crack will do anything harmful but it's certainly a leap of faith.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I got 3 batteries, 3 different batches, all 3 cracked

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20