Small crack

Reaction score
There is a small crack under the motor and I really don't want to send it back nor do I want to replace it so I put some super glue on it and you wouldn't think it's there anymore. Is this ok?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Please post a photo so we can see what you're describing.

I'd try something like J-B Weld before super glue.

Reactions: Techcop50
My past experience with J-B Weld has been that what you are applying it to must be scuffed up a little.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

10 flights and 40 minutes on the air and my Standard have a crack in one of the arms

Attachments

• 20160323_101742~01.jpg
    20160323_101742~01.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
I'd try something like J-B Weld before super glue.
MSinger, have you tried the plast-aid? That stuff is awesome. You can mix it to any consistency you want, pour-able or puddy. And it sets up quickly, hard as a rock. And from the fumes, I'd guess it welds into the patch.

I just bought some quick apoxy for plastic and it was a marker then some glue and it hardened in like 1 minute and it's very sturdy

MSinger, have you tried the plast-aid?
I haven't. None of my Phantoms have cracked (luckily). I see people mention both of those products when attempting their own shell repairs.

Reactions: Techcop50
I haven't. None of my Phantoms have cracked (luckily). I see people mention both of those products when attempting their own shell repairs.
I've been lucky, too. No stress fractures YET. I bought it for my tool kit and have used it on several non-drone applications. You can even add acrylic color to it, if needed.
Come to think of it, i did use it to patch a broken prop guard, just for giggles. i stress tested it by hand, it broke elsewhere, not on the patch.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I have the same exact issue and i have only flown 3x not even 20 min total flight time. Not sure if warranty covers it but it will probably take forever to get it back if i have to send it to dji. I am still finding a way to stop further cracking.This sad. Id hope they have used a better material. I have these cracks on both sides by the battery compartment. Any suggestions?
5e1a4a6a5aba87e028014a20b8ed39e3.jpg
77d55c572bacb1c483a81ada30ae564d.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues