Slowly flashing yellow to solid yellow

Reaction score
Today is the first time I have attempted flying my Phantom in about a week, probably the longest it has been grounded. I powered my remote then the phantom and the Phantom flashed slowly yellow (warming up I believe that means) like normal. But it kept flashing..and flashing...and flashing for about 4 minutes until it went to solid yellow. I have not been able to find much help by searching. I do not have a gimbal or anything extra - it's a basic stock Phantom 2. I have tried recalibrating the compass, it was successful based on the green light, but afterwards it continued to flash yellow for almost 5 minutes. The controller is green and has a full battery. I tried removing the battery and cleaning off the connectors with no luck. I also made sure that GPS was turned on. I have flown in this location before without any issues. I did not try flying the phantom with it solid yellow because I don't know exactly what the color scheme means. I thought maybe it couldn't connect to the satellites or something?

If it means anything, I have just come back from a road trip with the phantom. I flew it at several loacations and it started up and worked perfectly. Going back and forth I packed it in the original box exactly how it was shipped to me when I bought it, I made sure it was safe and would not bump around. I can't imagine that anything could have broken because I took such good care of it.

Slow yellow is ready to fly - non GPS.
Fast yellow is RC signal lost.

I don't see a solid yellow. ???

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_2-LED_Flight_Indicator_Status

I didn't see it either and that is why I am confused. It will flash slowly yellow when I startup the phantom and after a little while it will just go to solid yellow. One time it flashed yellow/red but after recalibrating the compass that issue went away. Like I said, I have flown here before without interference. Maybe there is some kind of interference that has come up at the location that I don't know about. I will try flying it somewhere else and see what happens.

Normally it would flash yellow slowly, then flash green fast, and then flash green slowly (as ready to fly w gps)

Just went out and tried a different area with no luck. It doesn't stay solid yellow anymore. Just keeps slowly flashing yellow. I held it down and powered on the motors and it went to red and flashing yellow. I'll go out later today or maybe tomorrow and record a video of what is happening. might send the video to DJI because I can't find anything that talks about this problem

Your GPS plug may have come loose. You'd need to open the shell to check it.

Your GPS plug may have come loose. You'd need to open the shell to check it.
took it apart and it wasn't loose but I still unplugged it and plugged it back in. I Let it sit turned on for a while and it continued to just flash yellow

took it apart and it wasn't loose but I still unplugged it and plugged it back in. I Let it sit turned on for a while and it continued to just flash yellow

Well ****! There doesn't seem to be that many possibilities. Not getting satellites - GPS blocked, not functional or it is in ATTI. You said you turned on GPS. I assume you mean you have S1 in the top position. There have been cases where those toggle switches have failed. Maybe it is in ATTI even though the switch is up.

Well ****! There doesn't seem to be that many possibilities. Not getting satellites - GPS blocked, not functional or it is in ATTI. You said you turned on GPS. I assume you mean you have S1 in the top position. There have been cases where those toggle switches have failed. Maybe it is in ATTI even though the switch is up.

How can I tell if the switch is broken?

You could use a voltmeter to test it. I haven't had one fail, or tested one, but you should be able to verify continuity.

Use the assistant software to verify proper switch operation.

Reactions: Marlin009
@Marlin009 @N017RW I tried out the RC assistant and installed an update to the controller but that did not help any. How do I tell if the switch is working or not in the assistant?

Connect it to the Phantom assistant. Under the advanced tab, RC, you should see where you can set the S1 switch bottom position. Moving the switch should move the bar I believe.

Connect it to the Phantom assistant. Under the advanced tab, RC, you should see where you can set the S1 switch bottom position. Moving the switch should move the bar I believe.

You are correct.
GPS is -780, middle is 0, and all the way down is 780. So it is working

The only other thing I can think of is a cracked GPS. On the backside it is ceramic and pretty fragile.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20