Slow wifi transfer

If you are on about transferring video and pictures it takes ages. You will be best using a pc to read the memory card. If you cant do this it would be a good idea to set a fan up pointing at your drone it stops the gimble motors getting to hot. Hope this has helped

Craig.

What phone is in use ? and what do you want to transfer? photos or videos? Better you put the SD card into a card reader of your PC or plug an USB cable from the drone to the PC and transfer your feed.

iPhone 7 Plus. I get transfer rates of 484/kbs.. wifi is faster than that. I don't like taking the card out because I don't have an SD to lighting adapter, I hate cables and loose SD cards :)

iPhone 7 Plus. I get transfer rates of 484/kbs.. wifi is faster than that. I don't like taking the card out because I don't have an SD to lighting adapter, I hate cables and loose SD cards :)

Then forgive me for saying the obvious ... you will not get better.

Most people give up on cable / WiFi transfers and do a direct card in PC job ... it really makes the whole job easier and significantly faster.

SD card adaptors are really cheap ...

Nigel

You don't have to remove the card. Simply plug a MicroUSB cable into the camera, the other side into the PC, then power the bird on. You can then copy/paste your videos and they'll transfer in under a minute.

You don't have to remove the card. Simply plug a MicroUSB cable into the camera, the other side into the PC, then power the bird on. You can then copy/paste your videos and they'll transfer in under a minute.

Can you show everyone where the USB socket is on the P3S camera please ? The Standards slot is in the top gimbal part - not in the camera and it is slower than using card reader.

Nigel

Can you show everyone where the USB socket is on the P3S camera please ? The Standards slot is in the top gimbal part - not in the camera and it is slower than using card reader.

Nigel

No need to be a smart a**, Nigel. I think you knew exactly what I was talking about. If you type "Phantom 3 Standard Camera" into Google and then click images. ALL of the images show the camera and gimbal as one unit, not separate. And most retailers that sell them call the whole thing just "camera" as well.

DJI Phantom 3 Standard 2.7K HD Camera Replacement (Part 73)

and

DJI 2.7K Camera for Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter CP.PT.000192

Just to randomly pick 2.

And yes, it might be fractions of a second slower to transfer it that way, but it's 100x faster than how the OP is doing it now.

Matts ... not being a smart a**** as you put it.

I always remember that NEW owners come on for advice and when old fogies like you and me reply - we have to be careful to be correct. You may not like my post in reply to yours ... sorry but I regard the NEW owner as needing to be informed correctly.

As to your 'all retailers call it camera' ... is that why you can buy separate items ? Camera only ... gimbal motors only ... gimbal arms only ... gimbal base and cover plates only .... etc. ?

Final comment - I prefer to NOT have to run batterys in the AC just to download a video ! When its better all round to use a reader.

Nigel

I said "most". LOL. DJI calls it correctly.... "camera gimbal".

Matts .. I am not here to argue with you or insult ... I explained my view to make sure NEW owners who look for answers are not misled.

OK ?? Friends or not ?

Nigel

Friends, of course. That's why I said "LOL". No need for me to be angry over anything. I was just correcting YOU because you misquoted me. Very hard to convey 'tone of voice' over the internet.

True ... and I 'own, created and moderate' many forums in fact ...

GPS
Navigation
Electronic Charting and creation
Yachting
Crewing
Fuels and blending
Drone
Model Flying

not trying to impress ... just agreeing - it shows in every forum ...

Nigel

Well that escalated quickly.. what I am trying to determine is WHY it's slow. I'm not looking to fix it because I understand that it's just that way, I just don't understand why.

Well that escalated quickly.. what I am trying to determine is WHY it's slow. I'm not looking to fix it because I understand that it's just that way, I just don't understand why.

Why? Because that's just how it is. Wireless is slower, no matter what.

Example. I have a very nice (2 of them actually) Archer C7 WiFi router in my home. One is in the back of the house, one in the front. Therefore signal is rock solid, full bars no matter where you are in the house. HOWEVER, I have 2 TV streaming boxes, 2 smart TVs, 4 security cams, 2 computers and a multitude of other devices that require internet. I used to gloat that my wifi should be "good enough" to support all of this. Well, guess what? I decided one day to run cat 6 (hard wire ethernet) to every device in the house. Even my garage has cat 6 running to it, LOL. The performance and speed of everything improved dramatically. Night and day difference. I was able to max out the quality and frame rates on my security cams and still no stuttering. HD movies on the TVs play smoothly.

Long story short. Nothing beats having something directly wired vs. wireless.

Reactions: RodPad
Ok, I will add to that, not down to tech level, but just a way of explaining.

When two device are transferring data. WiFi or Cabled, blocks of data are sent as packets, within the packet there is checksum which is a total (Sum) of all the data added together. When the data has been transferred the receiving device adds up all the data and checks if the sums are equal. If the sums don't match it fails the checksum. Then the receiving device, requests the packet to be resent.

Cabled (wired) connections are faster then WiFi and most likely not to fail checksum's. ;)

Rod

Reactions: Matts175

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4