Slow spinning rotor

Reaction score
When I start the motors and they are running idle one rotor is spinning quite a bit slower than the rest. When I throttle up it spins fine and I took it up for a full flight with no problems. Like a dope I flipped it over on landing last flight so I don't know if that caused this problem. Any ideas or suggestions?

learn to hand catch and you will never have That problem on landing little scary at first but easy after that just hover above your head and then hit auto land put down rc and catch it motors will shut right off

Reactions: PeakXV
Thanks for the advice but what do I do about this slow spinning rotor?

keep a eye on it sounds like you might have to replace the motor

would it be the motor or could it be the esc or maybe even a firmware thing? It still flies perfectly...

I would keep a close eye on it. I'd test it while it's off. Test it for resistance. Examine it. Is the copper tarnished relative to the other motors? After flight, give it a sniff.

Chances are it will fly fine because it's programmed that way. Doesn't mean you don't have a problem. Doesn't mean you do.

with the drone off the motor has a slight resistance to spinning freely compared to the others....no change in color of the copper. I'm no good with electronics....do I have to have DJI replace the motor?

My personal opinion is probably not, but I'd keep an eye on it. On my P2V, for example, I have three motors that stop at about the same time and a 4th motor that spins a bit longer and more freely when I stop the four motors. So what is that? Do I have three bad motors? But they've been this way out of the box. Eight months and everything works fine for me.

If there is noticeable resistance in the motor but still works, the copper coils look fine, and there is no odd smells from the motor, just watch it for now as suggested.
If the motor should need to be replaced I would avoid DJI and replace it yourself if you can. DJI customer support is a nightmare and will not cover a pilot error unless you have DJI care on your drone. They will charge you sending/return shipping, the cost of a new motor, and labor costs. In the end you will probably pay over $100 for a new motor.
Replacing the motor involves soldering which it sounds like you may not own an iron, but I would avoid DJI as much as you can.

I have seen my motors spin at different speeds and I think it's because my P3S is sitting slightly off level and naturally trying to right itself to a level position. Try turning it and see it its always the same motor or always the one on the high side that is spinning slower.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Probably because you where on slightly uneven ground causing the gyro inside the quad to try and level the quad out therefore spinning onside of the quad faster than the other.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic