Slow Semi Circle

Reaction score
Hi,

Ever since I had issues with my compass and I had to reset using a magnet, the F2V doesnt seem 100% stable.

It flies in a semi circle if left unattended, the higher I go , the more stable...

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaFLZThsMok [/youtube]

Not sure if it's these values?

What can I do to fix? New compass?

Before GPS kicks in , it flies all over the show... GPS does help.

Attachments

• compass.png
    compass.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 746
jedi88 said:
Hi,

Before GPS kicks in , it flies all over the show... GPS does help.

First off wait until you get GPS lock before you fly. Your taking your investment to an uneeded risk flying before GPS lock. Can you say "Fly Away"? Compass #'s I try to maintain are high 1300's to low 1400's seem optimum.

RCRookie said:
Your Compass Raw Mod number is too high...can you bring that down to around 1600 ?

Struggled with the magnet, watched the video a few times, think it could be the issue ?

This mod value is definitely too high - playing with the magnet is a good idea.

Did you provide any input on the controls to the Vision in that video? I presume you did not - if so this cannot be like that.

In addition to getting the compass mod value down (1400-1800 recommended by DJI) you can also observe how your props stop when shutting down the motors - check if all props stop at the same time. If not it may also be a problem with engine/bearing or both.

Best of luck troubleshooting :)

rnrnrn said:
This mod value is definitely too high - playing with the magnet is a good idea.

Before giving this advice you should now that this value will change according to where you are while using Assistant Software. I had my Compass raw Mod value up to 1800 while in kitchen but when I went to living room the value went down to 1400.

PropsPete said:
Before giving this advice you should now that this value will change according to where you are while using Assistant Software. I had my Compass raw Mod value up to 1800 while in kitchen but when I went to living room the value went down to 1400.

So I would probably avoid flying in the kitchen.

Just call dji and they will fix it. Also be above 25 feet so the rotor wash isn't affecting you

PropsPete said:
RCRookie said:
Your Compass Raw Mod number is too high...can you bring that down to around 1600 ?

How do you know this? Where is this information about correct values?
In the Assistant when you hover over any question mark you get additional information. Hovering over the one on the compass page gives you the manufacturer approved ranges for these readings...

Or it might be a click, can't remember!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic