Slow FPV

Reaction score
Hi...new to forum.

Just completed the third flight of PV2+.

Wondering...there is a substantial delay in receiving the video from the camera to my iPhone.

The delay is about a minute or so. Can't see that this is at all normal. Open field at a park. No obstructions. Rather close in flying, as it is new at this point.

I have the latest updates.

Ideas?

Thank you so much, Chuck.

That was the same problem I had at first. Try going into the camera settings via the iPhone app and changing the preview quality to the lowest resolution. That cut the delay down to about one second for me.

MapMaker...

I checked that. Yes, it was highest quality. That may very well be the cause of the delay.

Will check FPV delays next flight. Hopefully, that will be an improvement. No problems, no issues with any other aspect of the Phantom.

Thank you for the tip!

The 320x240 at 15 frames VS the 640x480 at 30 frames does that to me. Chunky updates. I switch back and forth when I`m looking for detail on the ground. Whoever accuses us of being perverts with these things obviously has never tried to pick out wild turkeys out of a field at 20 meters...

MapMaker: I checked the low setting here in the house. Seems to update very quickly. Will do a 'real world' test soon.

Zartimus: People either love 'em or hate 'em. Odd really. I have some pro camera gear; Canon 7D, long 'white' glass. Can count the whiskers on a man's face at over 100 yards. No one has ever suggested that I was spying, or a perv Go figure. Those that hate 'em know nothing about them. I suppose this could fill a number of pages in a different topic category.

Thank you for your help on this!

Also, always have the top surface of the wifi extender unit angled and facing toward the bird for optimal wifi connection.

I was having the same problem. Turned out to be the iPhone was overheating and causing the substantial delay. Figured it out when the phone finally went into thermal shutdown. Solution:

1) close all running app by double tapping the home button and sliding each app up
2) put the phone in airplane mode, then manually turn on wifi, and only wifi
3) remove the phone from the protective case. It acts like insulation & retains heat.

My large lag went away after doing the above steps. I only have to reduce my FPS and/or FPV resolution if there is a lot of 2.4 Ghz noise in an area.

happydays said:
What type of phone are you using? iPhone 4S is the minimum standard these days on iOS.

Not sure if you're talking to me or the OP. I am using the new iPhone 5S.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik