Slow flashing yellow

Reaction score
I last flew my P2V+ about 2 weeks ago and all was fine. A couple days ago I did an IMU calibration and tried to enable IOC but got an error of "GPS needed". I didn't know what that meant but I figured I'd fly it without IOC. Yesterday I took it out and when I turned it on I got the self test and then slow flashing yellow lights. It never did the green red red red thing. Looking in the manual slow yellow means Ready To Fly (non GPS).

Putting 2 and 2 together, I figured there was something with the GPS module, so I opened it up, re-did the
connector and last night it seemed to work. I got the green red red red and then GPS lock. This morning it's back to slow yellow. So my question is - does this seem like a GPS module issue, main board issue or maybe even an issue with the cable from the GPS module. I know I can get a new GPS module but I hate to spend the
money for it without knowing for sure that's the problem. Is there any test I can try to prove it's the mod. Or does anyone here have any other ideas as to what could be causing the problem?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Stan

I had the same problem it was loose but ended failing all together. I had some type of short followed by a small fire right out of the cam buss port from the landing gear. I could still register fire on either side of the burn mark and end of out of satellite lock it eventually burned the GPS, now I buy a new motherboard and GPS module same little fire this time no beeping sounds I'm buying another motherboard after that parts never had a chance to use anything on it built it brand new from scratch all upgrade

This sounds similar to my issue. Had a flyaway, recovered some control, hit a tree and the P2v+ fell about 20-30ft to the ground.

Now when I turn it on I get slow yellow and when I try to launch (no props, just testing motors) I get 5 red flashes then it goes back to slow yellow.

I am suspecting I have damaged my GPS also.

This sounds similar to my issue. Had a flyaway, recovered some control, hit a tree and the P2v+ fell about 20-30ft to the ground.

Now when I turn it on I get slow yellow and when I try to launch (no props, just testing motors) I get 5 red flashes then it goes back to slow yellow.

I am suspecting I have damaged my GPS also.
The slow yellow is supposed to mean "ready to fly - atti mode" but it also means the bird doesn't see the GPS. I had tried a new GPS module to no avail. Then I found a new main board / NAZA combo on ebay. I replaced that and then still needed the new GPS module. I was very close to selling it for parts and getting a new P3A

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20