Slow Flashing Yellow

Reaction score
Hi Gang

I feel like a bit of a dufus but I wanted to share this with you. Returned from a trip out West so I wanted to do a complete reset and recalibration. I've been getting drift with yaw so degaussed the compass hoping this would help (it didn't). Went outside and couldn't get anything except slow flashing yellow. Couldn't get it into compass calibration mode - nothing. No green, no red, just slow yellow.

I checked the DJI docs and scoured this forum. Nothing.

Found that the compass cable was loose! Reseated it and all was well! (well almost - still drifting with yaw)

Doh!

Reactions: Pharm
mikeve said:
Hi Gang

I feel like a bit of a dufus but I wanted to share this with you. Returned from a trip out West so I wanted to do a complete reset and recalibration. I've been getting drift with yaw so degaussed the compass hoping this would help (it didn't). Went outside and couldn't get anything except slow flashing yellow. Couldn't get it into compass calibration mode - nothing. No green, no red, just slow yellow.

I checked the DJI docs and scoured this forum. Nothing.

Found that the compass cable was loose! Reseated it and all was well! (well almost - still drifting with yaw)

Doh!

I got my 2nd P2V+ 3 days ago (First one crashed) and the yellow light were on all the time, solid yellow. Couldn't calibrate it or anything... This morning I took the top shell off to discover the cable from the GPS to the main board was loose, it slid in & out of the connectors with no effort at all. Had to use the one off my 1st P2V+

Had same issue when replacing compass and leg after crash. Make sure that black pin connector is seated well after the top shell comes off or you will get the dreaded yellow lights and wind up scratching your head wondering if your compass is bad.

I got my 2nd P2V+ 3 days ago (First one crashed) and the yellow light were on all the time, solid yellow. Couldn't calibrate it or anything... This morning I took the top shell off to discover the cable from the GPS to the main board was loose, it slid in & out of the connectors with no effort at all. Had to use the one off my 1st P2V+

The Compass plug gets loose easily. I replaced mine with an Audio PC CD Rom cable clip. The cable clip has a secure clip and fits perfectly and securely on the P2 main board.

I dont know why DJI cheaped out on the plug...

CD%20ROM%20cable%20for%20GPS%20plug.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl