Slip on range extension for controller

Reaction score
I have seen a couple. Not sure if they were here or on Facebook.

Basically it is a bit of plastic that slips onto the current controller and has some reflective metal. A very basic way to increase range.

My searches aren't turning up what I am looking for. More then likely I am not using the correct terms. I have come across the following Parabolic Antenna Reflector Booster fr Phantom 3 Inspire 1 Controller Windsurfer

Anything else out there?

blank stare.png

Reactions: dynamic3dSolutions
Reactions: Tricky
Thanks, but I don't have a 3D printer.

Will check out Dynamic 3D. What makes his better than others?
No one does, they're like kitten puppy rainbow unicorns, or whatever...but if I could find one, you can too...take charge man.

Try library, preferably a big one...high schools would have one too probably...they're educational tools

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks, but I don't have a 3D printer.

Will check out Dynamic 3D. What makes his better than others? His come out at more than double the price of say Parabolic Antenna Range Booster fr DJI Phantom 3 Inspire 1 Controller Windsurfer once you include shipping.

I have several of David's products including the one piece and the split style antenna boosters.

The fit and finish is outstanding and David includes little items such as mounting clips to reduce the load on the stock antennas. David has worked to improve and refine his design.

I don't even know if the vendor you're considering has contributed to this forum. I like to support vendors who are engaged with the P3 community and are responsive.

Just my $.02.

Here's a YT video showing how his antennas mount, etc.

:harry

Try library, preferably a big one...high schools would have one too probably...they're educational tools

Unfortunately we are a bit remote here for that. If a school received one, it would be front page news!

Thanks everyone for your help. Seems as if Dynamic 3D is the way to go.

Anyone looked into the difference between copper and aluminium?

Reactions: dynamic3dSolutions
Wat ..I started making these for just the single antenna when we were using drink cans cut out and slipping the tip into the little hole to hold it on . Have tried the foil and copper sheets and I never seen any difference with mine. Now it might be different as those were for the 5.8 signal .
If I was gonna buy one I would get the copper as you always if not happy just cover that with foil to see if that gives you more .
I'm sure someone with a P3 has tried both and maybe they will see this and tell you what their results were but if not I just thought I would tell you what I saw with my P2V .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik