Slightly stuttery video

Reaction score
Hello!

I've noticed that my video seems to stutter quite a bit, as well as give occasional artifacts in some frames. A lot of other phantom 3 pro videos I've seen have been absolutely beautiful smooth.

Are there any settings I should be looking at to try to improve how smooth it looks? Or do people general polish the videos with post processing? Right now I'm on factory settings.

An example of the issues I'm seeing can be seen here at about (9:31):

About once per second it seems to skip a couple of frames.

Did this video come from your SD card? Do you have the Phantom 3 Advanced or Pro? It appears you're uploading 720 video. It's pretty poor, as though you're doing a YouTube broadcast in 720.

Hello!

I've noticed that my video seems to stutter quite a bit, as well as give occasional artifacts in some frames. A lot of other phantom 3 pro videos I've seen have been absolutely beautiful smooth.

Are there any settings I should be looking at to try to improve how smooth it looks? Or do people general polish the videos with post processing? Right now I'm on factory settings.

An example of the issues I'm seeing can be seen here at about (9:31):

About once per second it seems to skip a couple of frames.
Do you see the same effect when watching from the GoApp? What was it shot at? 4K does that a lot on a PC. The "Banding" & some stutter might be from your PC graphics card not being able to keep up. Try again at a lower setting.

OK, no problem, but now you owe us a look at the SD card version. Nice country views.

Since you're a newbie, for jittery pans from side to side, those can only be mitigated by adding neutral density filters to the camera. I like using ND16 in bright sunlight. Others use ND32, but that should only be used at high noon in very bright sun. During the golden hour (last hour of sunlight) an ND8 is often the best choice, assuming no clouds. These filters slow down the shutter speed of the camera, providing more saturation of color, and somewhat blurring pans to make them appear more smooth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lonewolf
OK, no problem, but now you owe us a look at the SD card version. Nice country views.

Since you're a newbie, for jittery pans from side to side, those can only be mitigated by adding neutral density filters to the camera. I like using ND16 in bright sunlight. Others use ND32, but that should only be used at high noon in very bright sun. During the golden hour (last hour of sunlight) an ND8 is often the best choice, assuming no clouds. These filters slow down the shutter speed of the camera, providing more saturation of color, and somewhat blurring pans to make them appear more smooth.

Great. Thanks a lot for the advice! I'll take a look at the ND16 and ND8. We don't get a great deal of sunshine here in England.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub