Slight crash causing battery issue

Reaction score
I was flying my P3 through a wood line and clipped a tree with one of my props, the P3 landed upside down and by the time I got to it it was making a screeching noise and so I immediately pulled the battery out. The engines were extremely hot. I let it cool down for a few hours and recharged my battery and tried to start it up to make sure everything was ok. After I turn the controller on and my tablet, when I turn the battery on it makes a crazy beeping noise and the two front LEDs are lit red. I have the latest firmware but it almost sounds like a firmware update. The camera view through tablet and gimbal movement work just fine but on the screen it is giving a battery error as seen in the video, it shows 0% on the battery and I tried two different fully charged batteries. Does anyone have any ideas what steps I should take to try and fix this? There is no view-able damage. Thanks for any help with this.

I have put the MP4 Video here: tampainternet.com/video/DroneError.mp4
The screen shot from my tablet is attached to this post.
Screenshot_2016-08-02-12-50-10.png

-Mark

It could be 2things that I know of.... 1 and hopefully this one- the battery is damaged or needs to be reset which I'm not sure how to do. If you have a friend with a phantom 3 ask to borrow their batteryunless you have a mother one.. Of this works you need a new battery. 2- the motherboard on the aircraft is damaged and not processing electricity right and you have to get it serviced. I would call dji and see what they say. If all else you could always buy dji care and send it in for service

Reactions: mcnetwork
It could be 2things that I know of.... 1 and hopefully this one- the battery is damaged or needs to be reset which I'm not sure how to do. If you have a friend with a phantom 3 ask to borrow their batteryunless you have a mother one.. Of this works you need a new battery. 2- the motherboard on the aircraft is damaged and not processing electricity right and you have to get it serviced. I would call dji and see what they say. If all else you could always buy dji care and send it in for service
What is DJI care and how do I go about getting that?

Thanks,

Mark

What is DJI care and how do I go about getting that?

Thanks,

Mark
Well dji care is an investment for 6 months or 1 year. Depending on your model the prices will vary. The plan covers eveythin as long as you have the aircraft. You could smash it on the ground and they would fix it. If it's not fixable they replace it. There is a process but it is worth it. Not sure how long it takes for them to fix it. Here's a link DJI Care - Keep Flying

Reactions: mcnetwork
Well dji care is an investment for 6 months or 1 year. Depending on your model the prices will vary. The plan covers eveythin as long as you have the aircraft. You could smash it on the ground and they would fix it. If it's not fixable they replace it. There is a process but it is worth it. Not sure how long it takes for them to fix it. Here's a link DJI Care - Keep Flying
Thank you, the drone is only a few months old and it only fell at a height of 10ft max, if it is a motherboard issue I would hope that MIGHT... big might... be covered. I will take a look at the plans but I would imagine you would have to buy the plan when you bought the drone? Otherwise anyone who crashes their drone would sign up for the plan... Thanks for your input, I do have another identical mother board from the last drone I crashed :) if that is the case I might try and use that, it seems to be in good condition but the camera and gimbal were trashed so I figured I would just get a new one.

Thanks again... I am going to try to do an IMU calibration and also make sure both of my batteries have the latest firmware and anything else I can think of before sending it in. I appreciate your time in responding... have a great day!

-Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic