Slight camera tilt to one side

Reaction score
I've noticed my camera has an ever so slight tilt to one side, which is noticeable in photos and videos that show the horizon. Easy to fix still photos in photo editing software, but is there a mechanical adjustment that can be made to the camera or mount to correct for this? No crash was ever involved. Thanks.

Did you crash?
If no, then IMU calibration.

If you did crash then you should look at the post below immediately as it may lead to gimbal camera dance that tears the hard-to-find-yet-available-from-davesmotors-ribbon cable.
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19653

There is another supporting post but i cant find it as the search engine is terrible.

No crash, and I have now found previous threads about it. Thanks. Will try the IMU calibration.

UgashikBob said:
Have same problem and have done advanced calibration twice with no joy. +1 on this sites search engine being non productive.

Even though you may have not crashed, there is chance that the roll axis gimbal shaft has come loose.
Are you hand catching? or ground landing? Hard bump?
Have you accidently left your gimbal on? The topic below may relate.
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20514

Hypothetically speaking (some will argue)... If you've had a hard landing, the anti-drop (2 x plastic clear) pins could have caused whiplash in the gimbal as the camera attached to the roll axis motor creates force and continues to move fwd. This would dislodge the camera slowly over time and with more and more movement, the shaft becomes misaligned slightly, resulting in a crooked horizon.
If the drop pins had been removed, the hard landing would simply pop the gimbal and camera off the rubber dampener mounts and dislodge the 3 grey cables. I've added a rubber band shock absorber style anti-drop pin that allows the camera to come off but not fall out of the sky.

I have the same issue which I've searched all over the forum to fix, couldn't find anything that worked so I gave up (my tilt is only 5 or 10 degrees so I live with it).

But here is what I don't get it. In the same way that you select whatever pitch you want in the software assistant (assuming you don't have pitch control installed) shouldn't you also be able to preselect any given tilt angle? I see the option to select a predefined tilt in the software assistant, but it doesn't seem to work.

So if I wanted to shoot at a 45 degree angle then I should be able to do it, right? This would also be used for correction of tilt in the camera due to a crash gimbal alignment issue.

What am I missing here?

In July I had the Gimbal replaced after a hard landing when the Return to Home failed.

When it was returned all seemed fine until I noticed that sometimes the camera would rotate to the right a few degrees from the horizontal position. the video here is an example of what happens.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFftwwnOagM[/youtube]

I have sent the bird back to the warranty repair shop and they said they have viewed the video and done tests and could not find any fault with the bird..

Please can anyone out there tell me if I am imagining the camera tilt. I also have other video of the camera doing the exact same thing.

If they can see the problem in the video but can not find a fault with the bird what should they do. Personally my view is that I have proved that there is a problem and if they cannot find a fault with their testing, the unit should be replaced with a new one. It is not as if I do not have any proof of what it is doing.

Any video that is taken and the camera tilts like in the above example renders that video useless if it was to be used for commercial use.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj