SkyCat Parachute System

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has one of these systems. And if so, how well does it work?
PARACHUTE LAUNCHERS

Let's put a question to skyCat if they have tested their system on P3.

I was thinking of such a system that gets triggered if P3 suddenly drops.

At this point, looks like they are only focusing on the Inspire. I've been racking my brain on how to get it to fit on my P3P.

Let them experiment on P3, don't take a risk at this stage.

I backed "mayday" on kickstarter made just for the P3. It comes in a week. Check it out! Auto deploys in a emergency

Just don't think these are ready for 'prime time' yet.

It would seem crashes come in two varieties:
>fly-away then into something or ground under power,
>drop from sky upon losing battery power.

Neither of these lend themselves to a parachute trailing strings very well.

In the former case you'll have prop entanglement or an a/c fighting the drag of a chute.
In the latter case you have no power to deploy with.

Maybe for larger or more sophisticated platforms but for the Phantom series I just don't see it.

Careful with mayday board. I suggest buy the manual trigger.

Just a correction this Mayday Board failed because of improper calibration this was posted on another forum that is was due to improper calibration. we have done lots of testing with this board works amazing

Let's put a question to skyCat if they have tested their system on P3.

I was thinking of such a system that gets triggered if P3 suddenly drops.
Hi,
there are several options for the DJI Phantom 3

option 1
: this is a drop chute
MARS P3 Lite | Mars Parachutes weighs 62 grams
Mayday | Mars Parachutes weighs 14 grams

Option 2 : this is a ejection chute great for low and flipping deployments

Mayday | Mars Parachutes weighs 14 grams
MARS MINI V2 | Mars Parachutes weighs 99 grams
Phantom 3 MINI Mounting Plate | Mars Parachutes weighs 20 Grams

Just don't think these are ready for 'prime time' yet.

It would seem crashes come in two varieties:
>fly-away then into something or ground under power,
>drop from sky upon losing battery power.

Neither of these lend themselves to a parachute trailing strings very well.

In the former case you'll have prop entanglement or an a/c fighting the drag of a chute.
In the latter case you have no power to deploy with.

Maybe for larger or more sophisticated platforms but for the Phantom series I just don't see it.

Not sure if you guys saw my post under parachute recovery system, but I have modified the hubsan parachute to fit P3 pro. Flight tested with no issue even though it adds 199g, drop tested it from 50m successfully with no damage. It has a 10-12" prime cord before the parachute tethers to reduce prop entanglement issues, fires down, self powered, autonomous, but won't fire when it shouldn't (triggers when UAV tips past 80 degrees). I have a couple hours of flight time logged on it with no issues, and even got approved for insurance with it here in Canada (just going commercial finally). $156US. Highly recommend.

Not sure if you guys saw my post under parachute recovery system, but I have modified the hubsan parachute to fit P3 pro. Flight tested with no issue even though it adds 199g, drop tested it from 50m successfully with no damage. It has a 10-12" prime cord before the parachute tethers to reduce prop entanglement issues, fires down, self powered, autonomous, but won't fire when it shouldn't (triggers when UAV tips past 80 degrees). I have a couple hours of flight time logged on it with no issues, and even got approved for insurance with it here in Canada (just going commercial finally). $156US. Highly recommend.
Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1