Sketchy live video feed question

Reaction score
Sometimes the live image of my P3P midflight goes in and out, screen becomes streaked with green/black splotches that momentarily obscure view. Has done this even within hundred yards of me. Camera was set to cloudy on overcast day. Shows up on playback of recorded video to phone but not from SD card.

Which mobile device are you using? Did you try a different mobile device?

Reactions: Tim Dawes
I get this on occasional flights ... its due to signal aberrations .... the video signal back to RC and onto Display gets corrupted or just plain signal strength variations. You then get video breakup ... green streaks / segmentations - sometimes whole screen jitters green / other colours. Usually only for a second so and video stabilises again.

Here's a video shot day ago testing 3.1.18 ... at points 1min 40 ... 1min 46 .... 2min 55 and on - I believe this is what is referred to ?

It basically has nothing to do with what tablet / phone you use - its a product of the video signal delivered to the screen. I agree that a poor slow unit may do it - but then you'd have other indicators that the unit was too slow or old for use as a display.

The video saved to SD card of course is direct HD from camera to Card - so does not get the same green streaks / segmentation as the video feed.

You can force different channels to be used by APP for signal transfer ... but in practical terms often makes no difference.

Reactions: Tim Dawes
I get this on occasional flights ... its due to signal aberrations .... the video signal back to RC and onto Display gets corrupted or just plain signal strength variations. You then get video breakup ... green streaks / segmentations - sometimes whole screen jitters green / other colours. Usually only for a second so and video stabilises again.

Here's a video shot day ago testing 3.1.18 ... at points 1min 40 ... 1min 46 .... 2min 55 and on - I believe this is what is referred to ?

It basically has nothing to do with what tablet / phone you use - its a product of the video signal delivered to the screen. I agree that a poor slow unit may do it - but then you'd have other indicators that the unit was too slow or old for use as a display.

The video saved to SD card of course is direct HD from camera to Card - so does not get the same green streaks / segmentation as the video feed.

You can force different channels to be used by APP for signal transfer ... but in practical terms often makes no difference.
Thanks for the info. This is a reconditioned P3 I just bought. I had a reconditioned one that I was very happy with before but crashed into watet (my fault). Was nervous that this new P3 might have some issue with it.

Tim ... are we talking same green strips / segments etc. ?

Nigel

Nigel

Nigel,
Thanks for the video. Good example of a picture being worth 1,000 words.
Yes, that's exactly what I am describing.
Interesting.
Explain Light bridge to me please. Does that have any relationship to video or just control of the AC?

Lightbridge .... Only DJI know the 100% story of it ... but as a user :

Lightbridge uses only 2.4Ghz frequency ... it has both Video / Telemetry and Command in the Lightbridge signal. Unlike the Standard where two completely separate freq's work.

How Lightbridge codes the information between RC and AC is a closely guarded DJI secret. But from RC to tablet it reverts to code that Android / ios can read via USB cable.

Glad the video and all helped.

Nigel

I've recently had a similar issue with the live video feed breaking up every few seconds. Turns out it was my tablet trying to connect to a WiFi access point that was just in range, the initial beacon was so strong that it interfered with the lightbridge feed.

Sometimes the live image of my P3P midflight goes in and out, screen becomes streaked with green/black splotches that momentarily obscure view. Has done this even within hundred yards of me. Camera was set to cloudy on overcast day. Shows up on playback of recorded video to phone but not from SD card.
I’ve been having this problem with my P3P and IPhone 6. Today I deleted the DJI Go app and reinstalled it. It seems to have fixed the problem. Remember to reset all the settings.

I’ve been having this problem with my P3P and IPhone 6. Today I deleted the DJI Go app and reinstalled it. It seems to have fixed the problem. Remember to reset all the settings.

Thats possible as the tablets / phones get filled with junk ... GO unless you set user controls fills your unit with archive LR files like the video copy ... flight logs .... etc. As the unit fills up - the less it can work for you.

Cleaning up or uninstalling / re-installing can help ...

Personally I use the menu to set 'over-write' ... max cache ... etc. etc.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20