Skateboard Park Video with P2V+

Nicely done. I have tried to shoot some skate park video with my Phantom 1 so I can appreciate how difficult it is.

a bit too much yaw/spinning, hard to watch. Plan your shots and shoot multiple takes, use more low altitude oblique shots and do not try to get somebodies whole run. vary views of above vs closer to the ground. think about a story concept or line and flow of the video before you shoot. Make the action the star not just aerial shots.

Thanks both of you. And Questa, thanks for your candid remarks. I read your comments earlier in the day and gave them much thought. I think that since I now have the ability to shoot from the air, I end up using it to excess rather than as a tool to enhance other techniques (still shots, ground shots, etc.) My plan for next time is to take my SLR camera along and grab a lot of stills and ground level shots to augment the aerial shots. Regarding multiple takes, I shot about 25 minutes of video and ended up with 3 minutes for the final product. I'm finding it takes one or two hours of editing for each minute of final video. Part of that is learning the program but I suspect the time spent editing may stay fairly constant the more I learn. I may get faster at editing but I'll also probably want to do higher level editing. This is an incredibly fun hobby, combining flight with photography and videography. Looooooooots to learn!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers